• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi connection problems

animal47

Am having trouble staying connected to wifi and is now so bad that it is pretty much unusable. Whilst trying to browse the web the "connected to router" message that comes up when you first connect is constantly popping up where it keeps dropping and reconnecting all the time. I assumed my bt hub was playing up so have fitted a new modem and router but it has achieved nothing.
It has always done it occasionally but I am assuming that the new update has totally ruined things now, is there anything that I can do to sort it.
I also have another problem in that when out and about it is forever trying to connect to every open wifi network around even though I have that option unchecked in the settings.

Depending on your carrier, you may have "Connection Optimizer" or "ATT Smart Wifi". If it's ATT, disable it. Probably the same for optimizer, but check what all the options are set for first.

If not ... I dunno :confused: sorry

Am having trouble staying connected to wifi and is now so bad that it is pretty much unusable. Whilst trying to browse the web the "connected to router" message that comes up when you first connect is constantly popping up where it keeps dropping and reconnecting all the time. I assumed my bt hub was playing up so have fitted a new modem and router but it has achieved nothing.
It has always done it occasionally but I am assuming that the new update has totally ruined things now, is there anything that I can do to sort it.
I also have another problem in that when out and about it is forever trying to connect to every open wifi network around even though I have that option unchecked in the settings.

Sorry to hear of your problems but my WiFi has been OK since the upgrade.

You mention BT hub so presumably you are UK based. Are you in a populated area where there may be a lot of other routers? If so, I suggest you use WiFi Analyser to see what channels everyone else is on and change your router to the least used channel.

There may be some useful tips at

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/693107-4-1-2-update-has-totally-killed-wifi.html

Yep correct I am uk based. I have installed wifi analyser and swapped the router to the best suggested channel but hasnt made any difference.
I guess I need to get onto another wifi network and see if it still does it. As I said it has always done it occasionally but I can watch the status bar and see the wifi logo coming and going all the time now.

Back
Top Bottom