• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

wifi doesn't try to reconnect

mike_11

My x10mp occasionally fails to connect to the router.
Once a connection attempt was unsuccessful, the phone doesn't retry to reconnect. I need to manually go to settings->wifi networks and click on the network to retry, This is annoying.

Is there a way to make the phone automatically retry connecting to a network after an unsuccessful attempt?.

TIA.

Just to confirm, what android version do you have on your phone? This should happens automatically if you have android 2.1.

Thanks.

The phone is running Android 2.1, but still does not try to reconnect after an unsuccessful attempt.

Any ideas?

TIA.

The phone should indeed do this automatically on this version. What I would advise doing in this case is updating the firmware of the router itself. You may need to contact the manufacturer of the router for further instructions on this.

Thanks.

How does updating the router software going to make the x10mp reconnect?.

The phone fails doesn't try to reconnect after an unsuccessful attempt.

Is there some setting to adjust on the phone?.

TIA

There is nothing you can change on the phone regarding this. I only advise updating the routers firmware as this method has worked for myself and many other users who faced the same problem.

Back
Top Bottom