• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi is Slow after Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock: Resolved

PHP87

Android Enthusiast
I've been having some issues with my LG Spirit the last few months with error dialogs appearing when attempting to open apps and today, the phone hung on reboot on the Metro PCS logo.

I did an Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock and also re-rooted and the phone runs faster than a scalded dog, except for WiFi is crawling.Both my PC and Spirit are on the same WiFi network and my PC according to Ookla speedtest is D/L'ng at 18 Mbps

My Spirit is on the same WiFi network right next to my PC using the Ookla speedtest app is displaying 0.5 Mbps on D/L and about upload is about 12 Mbps and I've tried various Server locations and get a Ping speed of 33

Is there any menu I can take a look at to ensure everything is OK and if so, how?

Anything else I can do?

I did freeze Metro PCS Easy WiFi like always and also unfroze it, but same results.

Data speeds are close to 10 Mbps on D/L

Router is not the issue as I checked and this issue didn't pop up until today when I did the Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock.

Thanks as always.

Also, my el cheapo Tablet is not displaying this issue either and is D/L'ing at about 18 Mbps and the closer to the router, the faster the D/L speed.

Tried the same with my LG Spirit, but no luck. I can put it right next to the Router and it's still slow.

Try to toggle in and out of airplane mode.

After I unbrick a phone the first thing I do is a factory reset. Then root and install CWM and then Wipe the cashe and dalvic then, Do a nandroid and make a back up.
Then I restore my personal data.
I do it this way so there is less chance of problems and you have a clean restore to start out with and a clean recovery when you need it later by coping it to your hard drive on your pc. That way you shouldn't have any problems with you phones software and hardware after you do a unbricking.

Try to toggle in and out of airplane mode.

After I unbrick a phone the first thing I do is a factory reset. Then root and install CWM and then Wipe the cashe and dalvic then, Do a nandroid and make a back up.
Then I restore my personal data.
I do it this way so there is less chance of problems and you have a clean restore to start out with and a clean recovery when you need it later by coping it to your hard drive on your pc. That way you shouldn't have any problems with you phones software and hardware after you do a unbricking.

Unfortunately, I don't know what any of this means. After I performed an Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock as outlined in this post:
http://androidforums.com/spirit-4g-...ricking-unroot-return-stock-lg-spirit-4g.html
everything looked the same and all of my contacts, pics, icons, etc...were where they should've been. I didn't have to change a thing except to re-root and freeze a few apps such as Metro Easy WiFi.

I even unfroze those apps, rebooted, but still no help on the WiFi issue.

Also, I had no need to restore any of my personal data either as Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock didn't change anything.

Of course, I have everything on Auto back up so maybe everything was auto restored?

As mentioned, my phone runs fast and smooth now, except for the WiFi issue.
I tried toggling back and forth between Airplane mode and even rebooting, but no go.

Any other thoughts?

I'm sorry i can not duplicate the results you are having. If you find a solution please share it here. It may help someone else if they experience the same problem.

I performed an Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock as outlined in this post 4 times:
Unbricking/Unroot/Return to Stock LG Spirit 4G and Ookla speed test still reports internet speed at or around .50 Mbps D/L and internet is slow.
U/L on Ookla is displaying around 10Mbps and my other wireless devices are not having any problems.

Anyone?

Resolved!!!

Simply rebooting the Router fixed the issue.

It's always the simple things.

D/L speeds with 3 bars on WiFi are displaying 25+Mbps on Ookla Speed Test.

Phone is running great again in all aspects.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom