• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wifi Issues with CM9

Mostly Harmless

Android Expert
Been running CM9 for a while. Just tried to use my touchpad and it won't connect to my wifi. It has always connected. I have turned it on and off, tried to reconnect to the network etc....and it just won't connect, any ideas?

Does other stuff work (phone, computer)?

What rom? Does webOS work?

Is your date/time correct?

Did you try to long press on your router connection, choose "forget" and re-add it?

Did you try rebooting (power off for 30 secs) your router?

Oh yeah, almost forgot.... what did you change before this happened? :D

Ha! I actually didn't change a thing. I retried rebooting and turning on/off the wifi connection. In the end I had to remove and add my router a few times before it finally connected, I think it was 3 or 4 times, but it's working once again!

The fix for me in the olden days was to reboot into webOS, which I think reset my time, then it would work again. I have since installed an app that autoset the time.

Today I fired up wifi analyzer and from where I was sitting, the neighbor had a signal as strong as us and was using the same channel (1). Since this is modem/router/internet phone and can only do channels 1, 6, or 11, and 11 was free, I changed to 11 and fired up the nearest TP... "no Internet access". Changed to "6" and worked again. Back to 11, broken. I had read that lower channels were preferred, but had never experienced it.

Back
Top Bottom