• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help WiFi turns itself off, no MAC address

CoryD

Lurker
Hi all,

Upfront warning: I'm pretty new to Android. Please be gentle. ;)

Anyway, I just got my Neo the other day and immediately rooted it with Gingerbreak so I could recover my apps from my previous phone using Titanium Backup. I think my phone must've connected to wifi before then in order to activate my account and such, but I'm not sure.

Either way, wifi isn't working anymore. When I turn it on, it turns itself off after a couple of seconds without even scanning. Manually adding networks doesn't make any difference (they never connect or show), nor does manually pressing the scan button.

It doesn't give me any sort of error, though.

Temporarily unrooting my phone using Voodoo doesn't make any difference. I'm not running a task killer, and wifi is set to never sleep.

In addition, and possibly related (I'm relatively clueless), when I check my advanced wifi settings, I don't seem to have a MAC address.

Any thoughts? If your suggestion is to send it back for repairs, will my rooting the phone risk my warranty? And if I need to do a hard reset, what's the best way to fully back-up my phone including app data?

Thank you!

ETA: A factory reset ended up doing the trick. I'm glad it was just a software issue, irritating as it is to need to restore your phone again.

Back
Top Bottom