• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Wifi

Roach07

I just got this DROIDX2 about a week ago. The very first thing I had a problemwith was wifi. I didnt activate it because i was justgoing to use it for apps and stuff. I used Boot Android (No BP) to bypass the activation screen. Is that part of the reason the phones wifi isnt very good? My Eris, Optimus M, and DROIDX all had way better wifi. The wifi says every connection is weak and has touble connecting and staying connected. The X2 is supposed to be better than them all so whats the deal? Another question if I flash a custom rom will that help?

I just got this DROIDX2 about a week ago. The very first thing I had a problemwith was wifi. I didnt activate it because i was justgoing to use it for apps and stuff. I used Boot Android (No BP) to bypass the activation screen. Is that part of the reason the phones wifi isnt very good? My Eris, Optimus M, and DROIDX all had way better wifi. The wifi says every connection is weak and has touble connecting and staying connected. The X2 is supposed to be better than them all so whats the deal? Another question if I flash a custom rom will that help?

I've never tried Boot Android. When I flash my X2 and want to bypass the setup, I tap the corners of the welcome screen (top left, top right, bottom right, bottom left [I think that's the order, it usually take me a couple tries]).
But my WiFi works fine, better than other phones, and always has. You could try custom ROMs or reflashing an OTA, but through all the various ROMs, mods, scripts, etc. across my phones, I've never seen a variance in WiFi signal strength. So my vote is that it's a hardware issue.

Back