• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will a factory reset....

You can go to the market menu>Downloads and see all the apps you had before the wipe.

Will it keep the saved game status and high scores and stuff? It looks like a lot of that is stored on the SD card. I guess I'm answering my own question but wanted some reassurance. I suppose it depends on how the app is written and where it stores its status...

Upvote 0
what's a good text deleting app? like, deleting texts with the native messaging program sucks because you can't pick and choose before a certain time period, etc. i have 600 something texts with one person but i don't want to delete the newest ones!

I don't think it has the function to delete texts between certain dates/times, but I have no problem with it even though I have 6k+ texts with only one person that I'm too lazy to delete.

App called "delete old messages". It will delete messages older than 2 weeks, 1 month, etc...

Upvote 0
Clearing Cashe and Txt messages does improve the phone speed big time if you have a ton of txts. for example I had over 1700 txts stored on my phone and it was getting real laggy so I deleted all of them & yes it takes forever! But after they were deleted (20mb on phone memory) the phone responded like it was new again. This was when I was on 1.5 also. I got 2.1 OTA last night @ 12:17am and I'm in Fort Myers,FL Area.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones