• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will Cyanogenmod be updated anytime soon? (Or fixes be done?)

I was wondering if the Spirit will still be getting Cyanogen updates, because I came from the One touch fierce, and they don't have it, but well, those are insignificant details, but my point is, will it continue to be supported or not..? :confused:

P.S.: I would help create development again to this phone if anyone had anything to test on it too, I would be glad to do so.

development is kinda dead at this point...sorry
The only reason why it's dead is because this device is dead, PG has the source code for CM11 (KitKat!) on his Github but supposedly the code is incomplete, PG isn't a robot or a superhuman and he can't do it all by himself, but unfortunately, nobody else has the competence to help him, myself included:D
As far as I'm concerned, CM10 for this device IS complete, the 4g data speed issue is a non issue since the 4G on this device was never fast to begin with even on stock, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a hardware issue rather than a software issue

Don't know what you're talking about the 4G in this device. I get speeds of over 30mbps in the Orlando area. However I do agree the device will probably never have a completed cyanogenmod build due to lack of access to the source code for it. It's already a heavily outdated device and not worth the effort given that its more beneficial to work on better devices instead

Indeed, unfortunately it's unlikely unless LG magically decides to offer source for the device. I'm personally hoping to land a Oneplus One invite and move on but till then I'm still rocking the spirit

Back
Top Bottom