• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Will OTA complete on its own if...

RVRoadTrip

My X on 2.2.1 is rooted using Z4 just so I could wireless tether and use Titanium Backup to freeze the bloatware. Will the OTA push itself onto the phone as it is? If so, will anything bad happen to the phone?

The apps I have frozen are:

NFL
My Verizon
Weather
Amazon MP3
Kindle Reader
VZNavigator
and maybe one or 2 more, I forget.

Thanks!

the ota is rooted, but its rooted in the TBH app and the stickies, which those files are the actual ota, already prerooted for us.

i personally would like to root the ota, instead of downloaded something pre rooted

Yes I know Saint. I'm running it...lol. But in the context of HIS question, he's asking about the official ota going right to the phone via VZW.

EDIT: Give it some time Saint. Our devs will come up with a viable root/deodex method for the ota. Hopefully an SBF file isn't too far off either.

we can still sbf back to froyo, (which is a good thing) and soon we will have a good method, either one click, or a tutorial on how to root. for me i do not use adb and do not know the first thing about it lol

I agree. It is good that we can SBF back to Froyo but what a time saver it would be if we get an SBF file for GB.

Back
Top Bottom