• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will Samsung Drop Support

HotRoderX

Android Enthusiast
If Samsung is forced to stop selling the Galaxy Tab 2's in America do you guys and gals think they will stop doing content updates? I know personally I was looking forward to JB this month but it never happened. I kinda wonder if it was put on hold pending the outcome of this lawsuit garbage from Apple.

If Samsung is forced to stop selling the Galaxy Tab 2's in America do you guys and gals think they will stop doing content updates? I know personally I was looking forward to JB this month but it never happened. I kinda wonder if it was put on hold pending the outcome of this lawsuit garbage from Apple.

#1) Was there an official announcement we'd get JB this month for this device?

#2) Hasn't there been updates from Samsung to other devices despite this lawsuit garbage?

#1) Was there an official announcement we'd get JB this month for this device?

#2) Hasn't there been updates from Samsung to other devices despite this lawsuit garbage?

That's a good point there was no announcement officially only rumors.

Number 2 is questionable most there new devices where not included in the lawsuit. I just know when Apple first started this entire lawsuit crap they had a judge temporarily ban the Galaxy Tab 2 from being sold in the US ( I think it lasted a few days maybe a week).

The 10 inch Gtab 2 was temporarily banned. I think the 7 inch tab was not so I think this tablet is safe.

None of the Galaxy Tab 2 models were under injunction nor were they part of the lawsuit. It was the original Galaxy Tab 10.1 that Apple got the injunction against (as well as the Galaxy Nexus phone). The Galaxy Tab 2 only needed to have universal search removed, which it did about a month ago.

Aww I thought they where completely banned. Glad to here they where not included and I just got some bad info

even the galaxy note 10.1 which is samsung's flagship tablet doesn't have jelly bean at the moment. If that, the S3 and others get updated and tab 2 isn't after a few months, then it would be time to start worrying

Back
Top Bottom