• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will The G1 Get Another Update ???

I found out from a guy that I know that works at T-Mobile that they are planning on rolling out 2.0 (maybe 2.1, Don't know for sure) in late 2Q or early 3Q for G1's (maybe Touch too, again I don't know).

I found out from a guy that I know that works at T-Mobile that they are planning on rolling out 2.0 (maybe 2.1, Don't know for sure) in late 2Q or early 3Q for G1's (maybe Touch too, again I don't know).

Sounds like June or later. I was hoping for sooner, but as they say: better late than never! I'm okay with 1.6 with one exception. I can only fit 16 - 20 extra apps on my G1. Bring on Apps2SD!

:) The answer is yes.
I read the news. T-mobile G1 has started the update from 2/25/2010. :p
This update only improves the call quality and nothing related to other system stuff. :eek:
But I'm still waiting for it.:rolleyes:

I got update last Thursday.
But now I hate this update!!! :mad:

After I got it, my phone turn on and off by itself. I didn't know what happen so turn it off. Before the update, the battery was 100% and I didn't see any reason why it went down to 0% after the update. When I got home after work, I turned it on and found the battery is 90%. It was so weird!!! :confused:

From that day on, every time when I talk on the phone for about 20 minutes, the battery drops from 100% to 0% sharply and turns off by itself. After 20 minutes, I turn the phone on and found the battery is still 80%. :eek:

What's wrong with the update, my phone, or my battery???:confused::confused::confused:

I got update last Thursday.
But now I hate this update!!! :mad:

After I got it, my phone turn on and off by itself. I didn't know what happen so turn it off. Before the update, the battery was 100% and I didn't see any reason why it went down to 0% after the update. When I got home after work, I turned it on and found the battery is 90%. It was so weird!!! :confused:

From that day on, every time when I talk on the phone for about 20 minutes, the battery drops from 100% to 0% sharply and turns off by itself. After 20 minutes, I turn the phone on and found the battery is still 80%. :eek:

What's wrong with the update, my phone, or my battery???:confused::confused::confused:

The update shouldn't affect how the battery is read. Drop in battery level immediately after update is normal. Contact tech support, the problem is probably in the hardware.

Do I need to update my G1 too if it has been rooted and I'm on AT&T?

No, you don't.

Back
Top Bottom