• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Will the stock browser be smoother with ice cream sammy?

CaptainObvious

I'm a little shocked sometimes when the stock browser on my rezound is, lag and smoothness wise, on the same level as my old thunderbolt. Pinch to zooming, scrolling, tapping. The lag is just confusing considering the power of this phone.

Then i see the nexus. A phone with similar power and ios-like buttery smooth browsing. I read things like this on the nexus forum about the browser:

" When people have historically compared web browser scrolling between Android and iOS, most of the differences they are seeing are not due to hardware accelerated drawing. Originally Android went a different route for its web page rendering and made different compromises: the web page is turned in to a display list, which is continually rendered to the screen, instead of using tiles. This has the benefit that scrolling and zooming never have artifacts of tiles that haven

I saw that technical mumbo as well. From everything I've read about ICS, the one thing people seem to consistently praise is the vast improvement in browser speed and smoothness. As long as HTC doesn't mess around too much with customizing the browser for their version of ICS, I think we should see a similar improvement in performance. Hopefully, we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom