• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root wireless tethering apps not working on newly rooted force phone

I just rooted my force two days ago mainly because i wanted to tether but no app is broadcasting a signal to be picked up. Please help. I have no clue why none of my devices sees the wireless signal when scanning. I tried about these different apps and had no luck.

Ive been having the same issue. when i check log on wifi tetherfor root users there is an mss clamping error. not sure what it means. but none of my other devices can pick up the signal.

Where do i config those settings at? In the phone or on the app? Sorry i don't have much experience in this sort of thing

In the app
open Wifi Tether
hit menu on bottom of phone
hit settings
hit Change Device-Profile.....select....Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
hit back key
hit Change Setup-Method.....select....Netd-Ndc (master)
hit back key
hit back again
then hit back key once more
Reboot
:)

In the app
open Wifi Tether
hit menu on bottom of phone
hit settings
hit Change Device-Profile.....select....Generic ICS/JB (wlan0)
hit back key
hit Change Setup-Method.....select....Netd-Ndc (master)
hit back key
hit back again
then hit back key once more
Reboot
:)

Which Wi-Fi app because i don't see one that offers these settings in its menu

i have tried all the settings and every tehter app on the market with the same result. nothing else detects my phone. not my tablet not laptop not media players. in wifi thether for root users it give you the option to show log. that is where i saw the mss clamping error. i assume that same error is causing all the apps to not work.

not sure if it will help anyone else but i restored the cwm stock backup from this forum and now wifi tether for root users is working perfect.

It may have been one of the previous apps that was installed causing it to not work properly leaving remnants of something in your system. Did you ever try wiping your phone.
Anyway glad it is up and running. :)

It may have been one of the previous apps that was installed causing it to not work properly leaving remnants of something in your system. Did you ever try wiping your phone.
Anyway glad it is up and running. :)

Yes I did. I removed quite a few system apps. I think I removed something I shouldn't have. But yes I got working Good now.

No. The is a cwm stock nandroid. You just place it on your cwm backup folder then boot recovery and restore it as if it were a backup that you made. It takes the phone back to total stock but you keep root.

This will allow me to use WiFi tether? Wouldn't restoring wipe the data and info that I have at the moment?

to further this quest...

Can some one, with a working, not turning off after 10min of use, to post

their WHOLE settings..
whats checked....whats not...

or post screen shot..

thanks,

Back
Top Bottom