• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wirless Networks Available Constant In Status Bar

Hate to say this but on the WiFi issue, you might need t o try doing a factory reset if none of these solutions are working... The only other thing I can think of is if you have installed any 3rd party apps that may be causing this issue?

Sound advice about the apps, then trying a reset. If those do not work then it's a lemon and he should have his carrier give him a new one.

Upvote 0
OK so it ended up being the stock wifi widget.. I deleted it off my home screen and the messages stopped for now.. Glad I didn't do a factory reset.

You mean the toggle for WiFi toggle switch? I've never seen a toggle cause the problem you referenced. Off your phone is picking up WiFi networks, that's a settings problem. Unless something got stuck OS wise.

Upvote 0
Ok so the notification is happening again. I called HTC Support and they verified on an AT&T Phone and Verizon phone they were getting the same alert message I was.

When Wifi is enabled but not connected it will keep alerting you that their are wifi networks available tap to see .

Correct. I've been with AT&T forever, and every phone that i've had did that. Don't have the HTC One yet, but you should be able to shut that feature off, in roaming.:p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones