• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

with 2.2 launcher vs stock

Misterre

With the upgrade to 2.2 what is everyone doing?
I was running ADW but it seemed to crash once I changed to 2.2.
I tried GoLauncher but it has been lagging big time since its last upgrade.
I wish the stock dock was better as I cannot figure out how to add things to it and I have to go to manage applications to uninstall anything.

I have found some threads from other phones but the Intercept is pretty unique so I was trying to get everyone's opinion on it.

Thanks

The 2.2 home page is nice. 5 screens to hold stuff.

Long-press an empty portion of the screen. A menu will come up allowing you to add shortcuts to applications, widgets, bookmarks, etc.

To uninstall stuff, go to Menu | Settings | Applications | Manage Applications.

There is a generic 2.2 Froyo Manual available.
Go here:
official user Guide of Froyo 2.2 Released | CrunchiTech

scroll down a bit and click on PDF File

I like Zeam. The dock at the bottom is good for frequent programs. You can easily uninstall from the home screen. It runs light.

I second Zeam. Definitely faster than LauncherPro or ADW on this phone with 2.2 (even though they worked great with 2.1). Zeam has a lot more options than the stock launcher.

I havent really used any third party launchers since making the jump to 2.2. But this zeam seems interesting enough...

I've had launcherpro (paid version) on since upgrading to 2.2 but it seems to lock up at least once a day.. when trying to unlock it just gets stuck.

so i switched back to the default launcher for a couple days and haven't experienced any problems.. but i hate the default one.. going to try zeam again.

I have something called go launcher pro .... I think that's what it's called. With the stock one my icons kept dissapearing and taking up to a minute to come back. No problems with this one. I also deleted 2 of the home screens and went back to 3 cause 5 was annoying.

Back
Top Bottom