• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

With all the extra space, DROID should have 5 rows not 4

pinesal

I'm coming from the G1 where the screen was smaller and it made sense to have 4 rows. The Droid, however has a bigger screeen and more pixels, so it now has large gaps between rows.

There needs to be a fifth row for widgets and icons. Anyone agree?

Hopefully Google or a third party home app will fix this.

The reason why there is only 4 rows is so that everything can fit on the screen in landscape mode. Open your keyboard while your home screen is open and notice how "squished" everything gets. I wish they would give an option to turn off the home landscape mode so you can fit more rows in portrait.

The reason why there is only 4 rows is so that everything can fit on the screen in landscape mode. Open your keyboard while your home screen is open and notice how "squished" everything gets. I wish they would give an option to turn off the home landscape mode so you can fit more rows in portrait.

Aw yes. I see that now. I guess the Droid screen is disproportionately long compared to other Android devices.

A home replacement app can still handle this.

I agree that we could use more room on the home screen. I know you can get a 3rd party app to give you more home screens. The reason I think it is set up the way it is by default is because Android runs on phones manufactured by many different OEM's with different screen sizes. Like you said the G1 has a smaller screen and the Droid has a larger one. Also the phone may not run as fast or as smoothly with a large UI.

The app, Home++ beta allows up to 7 desktops. If you can't fit every thing you want on 7 screens, then I don't know what to tell ya. ;)

The app, Home++ beta allows up to 7 desktops. If you can't fit every thing you want on 7 screens, then I don't know what to tell ya. ;)

ooo.. i'll plug "Apps Organizer"! lets you organize all your apps and lets you make custom icon shortcuts to them..

really helped me cut down the icons on the main screens... i see this program being better than 'better cut' in a few updates.....(if they add direct shortcuts) right now it will shortcut to a group of apps you have tagged with a custom icon of your choice.

Back
Top Bottom