• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wont update or access google play

Athyral

Lurker
May 29, 2014
Yesterday I got my phobe from Asurion. I put in my old SIM card and my SD card and turned it on. I went get my apps back from google play and after I logged in to my gmail the google play store
Crashed and every time I open it it keeps saying server error and force closes. I tried updating my phones software to see if that helps and it checks for new software and closes without telling me if there is an update or not. I have tried everything to fix this. I tried factory resetong it, I tried flashing the firmware. Nothing will work![/LIST

Yesterday I got my phobe from Asurion. I put in my old SIM card and my SD card and turned it on. I went get my apps back from google play and after I logged in to my gmail the google play store
Crashed and every time I open it it keeps saying server error and force closes. I tried updating my phones software to see if that helps and it checks for new software and closes without telling me if there is an update or not. I have tried everything to fix this. I tried factory resetong it, I tried flashing the firmware. Nothing will work![/LIST
If you did a factory reset and nothing seems to be working properly, it sounds like you may have gotten a lemon from Asurion... I would contact their tech support, you might need to get a different replacement.

Upvote 0

No worries! All replacement phones come with a 12-month limited warranty. Please email your claim number, carrier name and a contact phone number to socialmediateam@asurion.com. We will reach out to you to see what we can do to get you a warranty replacement at no additional charge.

Thanks!

Asurion Social Media Team

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones