• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
i have an episode of The Pacific I am watching its it looks great! avi file about 500mb. plays smooth and nice! i am impressed.no lag

I have been searching online but I can't find any videos of people testing out the front facing camera. Could you download the program Fring and try to do a video chat with it? Having a front facing camera is kind of big to me and I want to make sure that programs on the market aren't just made for the htc evo.

Upvote 0
you tube is not flash on mobile phones.. it even works on iphones..

i think this may be related to the processor and connection... even some laptops with slow processor and weak connections would lag..
It should lag on all phones then as the Galaxy S's Hummingbird is a frontrunner on the phone CPU market. If it mainly had to do with the processor the phone should have trouble playing heavier 720p movies from it's storage as well, but I haven't heard any problems with that.

The connection shouldn't be a problem at all as you should just be able to pause until it's done streaming and then play it.

Upvote 0
For the flash issue, i guess we should bare in mind that flash 10.1 is still beta, there have been some release candidates but performance tweaks are still very much needed so it can handle GPU acceleration better.

That being said, I reckon that froyo is going to hangle 720p flash videos better. Personally I don't get why playing 720p videos on a 480p phone is very useful... but that is just me.

Upvote 0
It should lag on all phones then as the Galaxy S's Hummingbird is a frontrunner on the phone CPU market. If it mainly had to do with the processor the phone should have trouble playing heavier 720p movies from it's storage as well, but I haven't heard any problems with that.

The connection shouldn't be a problem at all as you should just be able to pause until it's done streaming and then play it.
there have been reports of lags with 720p videos on youtube.. and you are right, if you pause it and let it stream, then play it, it should not be a problem.. but otherwise, it would lag..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones