• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Worried mom

tuffmomof3

Lurker
Mar 7, 2023
I could use a lil help. I have a 13 year old daughter that I am worried may have found a way to communicate in ways beyond me being able to verify so I am coming here with my questions hoping someone can explain this. So on my daughter's Google activity it's will randomly nit daily shoe used com. Samsung . Android.mtp then immediately after list used com.samsung.android.messaging or used Google or used com.samsung.android.gallery. but no messages show up on our bill at these times. Not sure what MTP can do. But does this mean that she has found a way to communicate with someone but somehow able to hide it from the Verizon statement? I know we can't control everything but the young man she was secretly talking to is very bad news, he already has criminal charges by another family whom he stole from. And we will go to any length to protect our daughter. Thank you for any help you could give me

I don't know if this means your daughter's commutating with someone behind your back. But I do know that, unless you keep her a prisoner in her own home, it will be extremely hard to control who she talks to!

Your daughter's a young woman now, it's no surprise she wants to talk to a young man. That's normal and natural. Problem is: This young man's bad news. Maybe instead of clamping down and putting restrictions on her, you should help her open up. That is, open her up to better young people to talk to then this young man. Maybe she's lonely, and she doesn't see a better option than Mr. Bad News.

The point is: Trying to control her will likely not only fail, but backfire, and push her further away from you and your guidance. That's a problem, because young people need older people to give them guidance! It'd be better if you could persuade her instead of controlling her, if it were her decision to stay away from Mr. Bad News. She's not a child anymore, but she still has some growing up to do. She can't be reliant on you setting rules for her forever. Ideally, she'll take your guidance and wisdom, and use that to make her own choices.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
so after googling for you:
1. com.samsung.android.mtpapplication

2. com.samsung.android.messaging

so 1. is a process that transfer files between two devices. and 2. is yes about messaging. but it does not have to be sending messages. she could have received messages.

i'm no parent so giving advice about other children is not for me to tell. but i can at least just say that giving space to make choice is great, but boundaries do need to be established especially when it comes to technology. have you tried looking into installing parental control apps on your daughter's phone? these can control when and how long your daughter can use certain apps. they can even track your daughter's movements as well.

here are some suggestions:

Upvote 0
let's be careful what is shared here. Op is asking about apps to monitor on a phone. The commentary here should be focused on this, as other potential members may want to find out about these apps as well for their own reasons.

Its best to keep personal thoughts and feelings out of the conversation and keep the topic focused on recommended apps the OP is requesting information on.

Upvote 0
let's be careful what is shared here. Op is asking about apps to monitor on a phone. The commentary here should be focused on this, as other potential members may want to find out about these apps as well for their own reasons.

Its best to keep personal thoughts and feelings out of the conversation and keep the topic focused on recommended apps the OP is requesting information on.
Fair point. Perhaps what I said (before you edited my second post) is better said in PM.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones