• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Would a sub-$100 android phone without a connection be a better music player than Ipod touch?

So someone offered me a stupid amount of money for my 160 gb Ipod classic and I had to say yes seeing as I only have 36 gigs of music and was not even fully using the whole Ipod Classic HD, I went out and bought a 5th generation Ipod Touch 32gb on sale at BestBuy for $220 and now that I have it, I actually dont like it much, it feels extremely fragile, the OS annoys me and I dont like paying $200+ for something I just am not satisfied with...

Now I am thinking, cant I just get a Moto G or an LG realm or any of the other sub-$100 android phones and toss a 32gb SD card in it and should be good to go? I know the Ipod touch gets 40 hours battery life on music with only a 1,000 mAH battery so a phone with a 2,100 mAH battery(LG Realm) in airplane mode ONLY used for music should get insane battery life since its not constantly pushing and receiving data and looking for a cell connection, am I wrong? I also have a ZTE Zmax from t-mobile with a 3,400 mAH battery that I use as my actual phone, would 3-4 hours of music from an SD card use drain that battery like crazy? I would prefer to NOT use my actual phone so I may keep them seperate incase something happens to the other..

Please help as any advice is greatly appreciated I am not a very rich person and the cheapest possible way I could do this with having the maximum amount of music playback time(I travel in third world countries a lot with no internet service or electric charging ports) would be GREATLY appreciated, thanks guys!

Dude I used my stepmother's ZTE zmax a few days ago and that phone has insane battery life. I don't think you will have any problem using your phone as a music player. I actually like Ipod Touch as a music player.

Back
Top Bottom