• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would magnets in the Note's cover damage the screen or the components?

Axis

Lurker
Hello everyone.

I bought a cover for my Note 10.1, and it had four magnets on the back of the cover (Just a little beneath the camera). The magnets are not extremely strong but they're not weak, so since I got the cover for a cheap price, I wondered if this kind of cover will damage my Note. I had it for 3 days now with no problems but I'm worried.

Do you have any information regarding this matter? Or did you face problems because of magnets before?

Thanks in advance :)

I have seen a few reports of Notes malfunctioning in various ways because of magnets in cases but every time, removing the Note from its case immediately solved the problem. None of them had been damaged.

If yours is working fine in the case, you've nothing to worry about.

I had a manget cover for note 2 and it affected the screen near the magnet area and pen doesnt work properly. My suggestion is to replace the magnetic cover

You don't what kind of case you bought other than it was cheap. Not all cases are created equal so the case is most likely the problem.

You obviously want a case for your Note 10.1 2014. I suggest that you look at the MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 case shown here on Amazon. Amazon.com: MoKo Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Case for Note 10.1 Inch 2014 Edition Tablet,BLUE (With Smart Cover Auto Wake / Sleep): Computers & Accessories

I bought this case right after purchasing my Note 10.1 2014 and have found it works great without any interference from the magnets. Been using it for just over 2 months without any problems. Not the cheapest thing out there but it works great protecting my device and gives me quite a few viewing angles to work with.

Back
Top Bottom