• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Would you do this

Wolvie66

Would you switch from the Galaxy S3 to the Galaxy Note 2?
And if so what made you do the switch.
I have a Galaxy S3 and thinking of switching but don't know if it all that much different beside the S-pen and screen size? And of course Jelly Bean, which is supposed to come to the S3 soon.
I am on Verizon network.

Thanks
Wolvie

I have a Galaxy S3 and thinking of switching but don't know if it all that much different beside the S-pen and screen size? And of course Jelly Bean, which is supposed to come to the S3 soon.
I am on Verizon network.

Thanks
Wolvie

You pretty much nailed the reasons people have been switching over.

If you want a larger screen, an S-Pen and Jelly Bean, then... get a Note 2. :D

I have both phones. The note 2 is a superior phone in almost every aspect. You just have to be sure you are okay with the size. Personally I'm not 100% sure yet. If you have any questions ask away and I will respond here. The GS3 is not going to slow you down or anything so you won't go wrong either way.

I did switch before my 14 day return period with the S3 ended. I went back and forth before I finally just did it. I am so glad I did. There are some things about the S3 I discovered are not on the N2 that I miss though. The S planner widget and the digital clock widget. Had I known these things were not on the N2 it wouldn't have affected my decision though. I love the huge screen and I think it's brighter than the screen on the S3. The SPen is cool and I have found it to be very handy. As far as I know, you get 14 days to decide to keep it, exchange it or return it. What do you have to lose?

I am on Verizon network.

Thanks
Wolvie

I switch from the S3 to the note 2. It was the best decision I made. I love this phone. I never thought I would love the S pen as much as I do. I use it all the time. And the S Notes are really good for me with my work. The only thing that was concerning to me was the size. But I love the screen. Best of luck with your decision.

I like the big screens on a phone that's one reason I went with the Galaxy S3. The one thing I do have a problem with on the S3 is the mail client. I like to use what comes with the phone on apps, but I had to get an app just for my mail. The S3 would never fetch mail after the first week, then when it did it keep on fetching the ones I deleted and brought them up as new emails. So I am wondering if the Note 2 has that same issue since it made by same company. Also can you use the s-pen for text or emails. And is there a lot of stuff you can do with the S-pen on this phone. Sorry for all the questions I just want to be sure of everything, I mean I don't want to sell my S3 then find out I don't like the note 2.
Thanks for all the information

I like the big screens on a phone that's one reason I went with the Galaxy S3. The one thing I do have a problem with on the S3 is the mail client. I like to use what comes with the phone on apps, but I had to get an app just for my mail. The S3 would never fetch mail after the first week, then when it did it keep on fetching the ones I deleted and brought them up as new emails. So I am wondering if the Note 2 has that same issue since it made by same company. Also can you use the s-pen for text or emails. And is there a lot of stuff you can do with the S-pen on this phone. Sorry for all the questions I just want to be sure of everything, I mean I don't want to sell my S3 then find out I don't like the note 2.
Thanks for all the information

What email client? I set up the stock email program to pull in my gmail because I like the stock email program. I set it up using exchange settings for Gmail and never had any trouble. It synced all my folders and worked great.

You can use the SPen for texting and email along with all the other stuff. There are a few YouTube videos about the SPen and the stuff you can do with it.

I have not made the switch yet, and I do love my S3, but in all honesty, the only reason I haven't made the switch is because of the extra $$ for the Note 2. The S3 does everything I want, but if I could afford it, the Note 2 would be the phone in my pocket.

I bought the Galaxy S3 at the end of October and I love the phone BUT i knew Verizon was releasing the Galaxy Note 2 in a few months......so I got it too :)

Now I have both phones, and the GN2 makes the GS3 look TINY!!!!! LOL

EVERYONE asks me about the phone as soon as i take it out!!!!! some say wow same say its too big :)

below are my two ACTIVE phones...the S3 and the Note 2

another thing is the weight of both phones the GS3 is very light sometimes i have to pat my pocket to make sure its there....the Note 2 is HEAVY!!!!

photo (2) by Ceva321, on Flickr

I bought the Galaxy S3 at the end of October and I love the phone BUT i knew Verison was releasing the Galaxy Note 2 in a few months......so I got it too :)

Now I have both phones, and the GN2 makes the GS3 look TINY!!!!! LOL

I've noticed a few people who have both. I guess you can never have too much Galaxy goodness. .:)

Back
Top Bottom