• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root WTF Prevail 2

So, still having issues with my prevail 2. Anytime you restart or power off and on the phone, it reverts back to stock Keyboard and everything, like it totally resets all my default apps. Is it stuck in factory or showroom mode or something? It also tends to randomly delete pictures when reset. Right now, I just had to do a factory/data reset on it because it will get as far as the unlock screen and says "shell granted superuser permission, then sticks with that on the unlock screen and wont lock or anything...kinda getting really annoying. This stock OS is a POS. Hopefully someone will come out with a stable ROM...or maybe my issues have to do with the phone being a refurbished phone? Could they have forgot to do something from the factory?

Another question I have is what can I replace stock app wise in the system and it still work, if possible for any? I use:
Textra for sms/mms
Super keyboard pro for KB
Apex for launcher
Quickpic for picture viewer
Androxplorer pro for file explorer
And a few others...
Is it possible to replace the original stock apps with the above mentioned apps in the system? Some of the system apps are large...

So, still having issues with my prevail 2. Anytime you restart or power off and on the phone, it reverts back to stock Keyboard and everything, like it totally resets all my default apps. Is it stuck in factory or showroom mode or something? It also tends to randomly delete pictures when reset. Right now, I just had to do a factory/data reset on it because it will get as far as the unlock screen and says "shell granted superuser permission, then sticks with that on the unlock screen and wont lock or anything...kinda getting really annoying. This stock OS is a POS. Hopefully someone will come out with a stable ROM...or maybe my issues have to do with the phone being a refurbished phone? Could they have forgot to do something from the factory?

Another question I have is what can I replace stock app wise in the system and it still work, if possible for any? I use:
Textra for sms/mms
Super keyboard pro for KB
Apex for launcher
Quickpic for picture viewer
Androxplorer pro for file explorer
And a few others...
Is it possible to replace the original stock apps with the above mentioned apps in the system? Some of the system apps are large...

yes, you can replace those apps by moving them to your system partition. however, I don't have experience with that so I can't help much. what I could recommend though, is making a cwm backup, then converting the user apps to system apps with titanium.backup (Pro version only. don't remember what other app could do it)
then uninstall the stock apps you don't want... factory reset, and reboot. that's about all I can offer as far as that, but yeah hopefully we'll get a good rom soon ^-^ Samsung didn't do a good job on this one.. but that's just my opinion

Back
Top Bottom