• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

www.galaxyindulge.com my conspiracy Theory

gus4269

Ok so I found this fake forum on the Galaxy Indulge, and most of the information on this forum will brick your phone.. But what's interesting is..... I did a whois on the web site. and the registered name is XiaoYanCheng, LLC When i looked that up it came up on owners of several forums for cell phones including... droidxforum.com, htc-incredible.com, evo4gforum.net , samsunggalaxysforum.com, and countless others...

I think this is a chinese plot to sell more phones. so before you take advice from any forum make sure its not owned by:

XiaoYanCheng, LLC P.O. Box 114Address: P.O. Box 114 Woodridge, New Jersey 07075 United States

Just if you are curious, this forum is owned by Rob Jackson
not XiaoYanCheng.

hmmm and my coffee consumtion is way down today...

Lol! Although I did stumble upon the site as well, and so has mikestoolz. He started a thread over there to say that it is a fake forum, but your conspiracy theory is way more fun! ;)

Of course it could also be that he is trying to build a following and trying to catch the next big thing before everybody else so he can reap the benefits. Actually, I prefer that theory since it means my phone is or at least could be the Next Big Thing.

Wow dude, I Visited that site before i found android forums, and its great that you posted this seening that i was going to give it a try... But then again i thought that the site was a lil fishy becuz it started some of there posts before the phone came out, like they have a post about how to root the indulge but when you click on the link it sends you to root instructions for another phone... they totally ripped someone elses root tutorial lol

Wow dude, I Visited that site before i found android forums, and its great that you posted this seening that i was going to give it a try... But then again i thought that the site was a lil fishy becuz it started some of there posts before the phone came out, like they have a post about how to root the indulge but when you click on the link it sends you to root instructions for another phone... they totally ripped someone elses root tutorial lol

Yep, I saw the false info a while back and registered on the site to post about it. I posted on probably two of the threads warning people not to follow the instructions.

Then after looking over everything else I realized that the entire site is is just false info and a lot of it was posted before the phone was even released.

Just another jackarse domain squatter, looking for a payday... :rolleyes:
ok this has interestingly prompted me to offer a few words of caution for those who visit forums looking for hacks and do not know any scripting at all....
there are always fakes every where
there are always sick malicious sicko's who get a thrill out of causing others heartache.

1 always Google the site for other comments on other forums and such about the so called hacks..
also those who allow others to help develop!..
the biggest plague to open source has always been these types they will write scripts and compile them to share and they get unknowingly used or added to a well meaning teams product not knowing it's Trojan..
any dev team i have been a part of our main rule for any contributions has been source uncompiled so the team could give it a good once over before final compilation...
soooo be careful where you get open source to users
and be careful who you let into your team for developers....

remember this rule what would you do if you and i met on the street and not knowing me i offered to give you $200.00 and fix your car for free... only a fool would not at least ask why..

Ok, now he's impersonating the ACSyndicate guys.
Maybe I could complain to the FBI and have the site seized for fraudulent activity?
Anybody familiar with that kind of venture? or has a better idea.
I mean, even if we know about it, I am positive a few (if not more) less careful Indulge owners might get their devices bricked...
Clearly, there's gotta be something that can be done. Or is it covered under Freedom of Speech?

in the USA in all states it is a crime to destroy property owned by another either by intention or negligence..
the ramifications depends on the severity or possible severity of such actions... in this case not only a state but also federal case... but the site needs to be captured for evidence in case they take it down and all documentation kept for trial...,, another possibility taken to the extreme definition this site is offering Trojan viruses for the purpose of either hacking or destroying someone else s:mad: property... boom you have them BIG FEDERAL CRIME

Back
Top Bottom