• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X2 will not power on

ltb3

I have a coworkers Droid X2 he is asking me to work on, but I am at a loss.

The phone will not power on, period. When I hook it to the computer with a USB, the LED shows green, stays that way. I have left it hooked to the computer for 16+ hours, nothing. I plugged it into my charger (Moto Photon) and left it overnight, no luck. I bought a dock type charger, and a new (knockoff) battery, fully charged both batteries, nothing will make it boot up.

I've used every single tip/trick I've seen online, nothing will make this thing power on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I really want to get this thing working, more or less to say I defeated it! lol

I had a problem with my X2 after loading a custom boot loader. If I let my battery drain completely, I would have issues turning the phone back on even if it was plugged in and charging.

To get around this I would let my phone charge for half hour or so, than unplug it from the power source. I would than remove the battery, place it back in, than start the phone back up. Remember to do the battery pull and start up WITHOUT the phone being plugged in.

I believe its something to do with the custom boot loader and how the phone has to be plugged in to boot into it.

Hope this helps

Back