• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X2 wont charge while using nav.

huffman6977

X2 wont charge while using nav. Plugged it in while fully charged, it said it was charging but after a 2 hour trip pulled it off the charger and exited google nav and pkone was down to 20%. Im on 2.4 stock rom

Does it charge when you are not using NAV? Do you think it could be the cable? Try a different one and see what happens. I would also maybe suggest pulling the battery out for a few secs and putting it back in and see if it makes any difference.

charger may not be strong enough, to keep up
gps, nav, and screen on takes alot of power

That's a possibility.. if the charger is generic/off-brand it may not be supplying enough voltage. I've used my nav in the car with a Verizon-bought rapid charger and it works just fine.

charger may not be strong enough, to keep up
gps, nav, and screen on takes alot of power

That would be my first thought...it might charge without anything running but using the GPS can drain a battery quickly!

Try a new cable, some of these cheap cables dont have the same voltage as the ones that come with the phone/through Verizon. I still always buy the no name brands and have always had good luck...I beleive the one in my car is going to 4 years old now and I got it for $6 from amazon:)

Back