• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Play 4g new owner questions

XperiaTACO4G

Howdy! Just recently upgraded my phone to the AT&T PLAY, thought I'd make a account here to stay up to date and well informed about it.
This is my first android phone, and so far I'm really enjoying the OS and the phone. I do have some (just a few!) newb questions though...

1. Is the Xperia PLAY 4G bluetooth keyboard compatible? OfficeSuite pro is a really useful app and I plan on buying the full version once the trial ends, but it would be so much easier if I could type my documents using a physical keyboard (I upgraded from a blackberry, so the touchscreen keyboard is killing me :( ).

2. I read about a recent firmware upgrade that included the function of displaying and navigating the home screen and menu in landscape mode. I currently am running B# 3.0.1.B.0.270, and both my phone and the pc companion suite tell me I am up to date. However, I cannot display or operate the home/menu in landscape (even with the slide out). Perhaps the newer AT&T version of the PLAY has not been updated to include this function yet?

3. The PLAY does not feature any sort of hdmi out I believe... Is there any way to connect an external monitor? Maybe an adapter?

Thanks guys, looking forward to your responses.

There's no video-out that I know of. There might be a usb one but I'm not sure. The bluetooth keyboard SHOULD work, not sure. For.the firmware update, just update I've had no problems over verizon.

Thanks for the replys... again, I'm running the newer at&t version so I believe 3.3.3 is the current firmware... landscape should come with the 3.3.4 update (and I have the "slide out to open xperia play app" option OFF). I'll try a bluetooth keyboard to see if it works and let yall know (don't have one yet, but purchasing one wont be dangerous as I can use it w/my hp touchpad if it doesn't work with the play ;). Oh, btw EA has 4 games for free right now in the xperia app. I've been playing dead space and wow! It's epic.

No problem! And yeah ik downloading now:) the latest fw is 2.3.3. Landscape isn't aviable unless u flip it open and keel it open I think but goodluck with the keyboard

Back
Top Bottom