• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Xperia Pro slider problem.

Artanis02

Lurker
Hello everyone.
I recently bought Xperia Pro and i love it but i got a problem with a sliding mechanism.
Today it started to behave in a weird way, it sometimes does not recognise the phone to be slide out.
Closing the phone always makes it go back to portrait but the other way around doesnt work every time. When i do it slower i works better.
Any ideas ?
Additional info:
- I was in the garden today and bumped the phone a few times (though i have a rubber case).
- it's an MK16i with a case that slows slider, but worked ok until now
- slider works the same (i.e. sometimes wrong) when without the case
Help :(

Hello everyone.
I recently bought Xperia Pro and i love it but i got a problem with a sliding mechanism.
Today it started to behave in a weird way, it sometimes does not recognise the phone to be slide out.
Closing the phone always makes it go back to portrait but the other way around doesnt work every time. When i do it slower i works better.
Any ideas ?
Additional info:
- I was in the garden today and bumped the phone a few times (though i have a rubber case).
- it's an MK16i with a case that slows slider, but worked ok until now
- slider works the same (i.e. sometimes wrong) when without the case
Help :(

Welcome to the forums, Artanis02. :)

I placed the "Support" prefix on your thread for you, to attract folks here in this Xperia Pro forum who can help.

All I'd advise is what I'd to if a "recently bought" device were behaving in the manner you describe: return to the point of purchase for an exchange (or at least repair). ;)

Well, i think i bought the last unit in Poland with the keyboard layout (QWERTY) and color (black) because i was looking for it for half a year. I doubt the would have a replacement.
Also, i have an unlocked BL and custom rom so warranty does not favour me :D

EDIT: And thanks for the topic managment :)

Unfortunately this sounds like a problem with the flex cable (cable that connects the top half to the bottom half) and as such it would need to go to a repair agent to have this resolved.

Good news, everything works properly again.
It fixed itself up :)
I guess maybe something got stuck in there ?
For anyone with that problem, have patience :)
Greets

Back
Top Bottom