• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root XTR-Rom equivalent for the Inc?

offanairplane

Android Enthusiast
As you can probably tell from the title, I am an old Eris user that upgraded to the Inc.

I had rooted my Eris because the stock rom was slow and lame.
The first and only rom I ever flashed to my Eris was XTR-Rom_5.0, which I believe was the final release.

I liked it so much, I never saw the need to try anything else, and there were tons of other roms out there for the Eris.

The only non-stock rom I've tried on the Inc is SkyRaider, and I liked it pretty well, but it started randomly rebooting on me, so I did a nandroid restore back to the stock rom. And since then I haven't had any reboots but it's got other issues, like low on space notifications when I really am not low on space, etc.

I don't particularly care for Sense.
So I'd like a rom that does not include Sense.
But I know with XTR-Rom it had a few elements of sense, because he thought they made the phone function better. Don't ask me what those elements were, because I don't have a clue.

I am really looking for a senseless rom for the Inc that will be very fast and stable and bloat free. I will be using LauncherPro+ so I don't care what launcher it has.

Anything out there like that?

edit:
I would like it to be Gingerbread, but if that kind of Rom doesn't exist in the GB flavor, then Froyo is fine.

Go with cm7, with launcher pro. Launcher pro has a lot of sense like widgets as you must know. There is also an official test leak of gingerbread available.

Is that stable? Bug free?

It has very minor bugs here and there if you flash the nightly updates like I do. But running cm7 stable is an option too. Unlike the Nightlies cos I feel like its the latest and greatest on a regular basis. Now, make sure you do proper wipes. Also, no rom is completely bug free but I've had small issues running cm7nightlies. Use incredikernel for gingerbread aosp roms and you'll be snazzy.

Super Stable btw

No bugs, lag or bloat whatsoever with Redemptive REVOlution. It's made by the designer of the Hey It's Lou Kernel. It has both a Sense and a "senseless" version (which contains elements of Sense)

It's the only ROM I've flashed which has never force-closed on me, while CM7 did somewhat regularly.

Good suggestions. I may try those later, but since I didn't hear anything before the weekend and my phone was really getting on my nerves. I couldn't even read my text messages because it just said my memory was too low.

I downloaded CM7 (the latest stable version), and OMGB.
I first tried CM7, but I didn't like how it used ADW by default, since I am a LP+ kinda guy. It wasn't Vanilla enough for me.

So I tried OMGB, and it was and is awesome!
I am really liking it so far. I have been using it all weekend, and so far it is working great. The only thing I am not real big on is the dialer, so I purchased and downloaded RocketDial and it works much like the Sense dialer did, but it has a nice GB look to it, so it fits well. Also the keyboard isn't my favorite, but I normally just use SwiftKey anyway, so that's no biggie. I like how everything is black though, so I wish SwiftKey had a black option, but it doesn't.

But it is running so smoothly, and fast, and even the battery life seems better.

So this may very well be what I was looking for. Seems rock-solid so far.

OMGB is indeed a solid ROM. I have been running Skyraider 4.0 (de sense version) and am loving the GB look and feel and rock solid stability. I am not a fan of sense but I do love the camera and dialer so I get the best of both worlds. I've been running this for over 2 weeks straight which is a record for me. I was flashing every other day before it.

Back
Top Bottom