• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help (XXX) in firmware numbers: what is it?

PDA: KJ3 / PHONE: KJ3 / CSC: KJ3 (XXX)

Can anyone tell me what the XXX means and why its there [viewing in KIES]? My phone SHOULD be displayed TLS (for Telus) but it is displaying XXX. I had a Vietnamese gentleman Unlock my phone when I was travelling, is this related to that? Is my warranty void because of this? Is there any way to change it back? (Odin flashing to Telus stock firmware did not change this value)

For Reference:
Running android 2.3.5
baseband t989dtlkj3
kernel v. 2.6.35.11
gingerbread.tlkj3

I have been unable to utilize Kies to update my phone to ICS.
I have had severe issues with reception now that I'm back in Canada with the phone reception fading in and out during calls making it impossible to have a serious conversation.

I decided to use ODIN to root my phone to see if that would fix my issues, and I have restored back to the TELUS/samsung default rom in the hope that it would allow me to utilize KIES to update to ICS, hoping the update might magically fix my issue, or at LEAST that in the worst case scenario I would be able to return my phone to telus/future shop/samsung (Each of these 3 have valid return/replacement programs that I may utilize). Unfortunately, even after flashing back the Telus defaults KIES will not allow me to update, giving the "Your phone does not support software upgrading using KIES." message.

I'm desperate now, I have tried everything I could think of.

More than likely you are still running the custom recovery (CWM/TWRP) that was flashed in order to gain root. Try to find the stock recovery for your device and possibly a "return to stock" guide.

Back
Top Bottom