• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yahoo Mail 1.2 Alpha

ctc

Android Enthusiast
Apr 8, 2010
A couple days ago I opened up Yahoo mail and it told me I needed to do an update. It downloaded an APK and then nothing happened. I decided to just launch the APK and install the new version manually. It said it was version 1.2 and the current version I had was 1.0.4.

So I started playing with it and noticed that HTTP links were now working across the board. Then found that I could do copy and paste by going through the menus and choosing "Select Text". I thought "cool, they've made links work and added a copy text feature. 2 things that I really wanted." However, I noticed that the copy text feature sucked and was very hard to use so I was disappointed. I started poking around and the slight tweaks of the interface were good but it kept force closing on me.

The next day it force closed all day long and finally I got an error that "Mail has been disabled due to a security issue". Strange, but I figured I would get an updated version soon so I just waited. A day passed and nothing. So I decided to uninstall. After Uninstalling I went to the market page for Yahoo mail and read:

"IMPORTANT! A pre-release alpha version update was accidentally published on Oct 25th. If you downloaded this broken non-market version, please remove from your device and reinstall 1.0.4 from the Market."

So I reinstalled 1.0.4 and all is back to normal. I'm not sure how many people accidentally got the Alpha.

I guess the good news is they're adding copy text and have fixed HTTP links. I just hope they make copy text better because it was horrible and buggy.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones