• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Yahoo Password cannot be changed...wtf?

secuono

Lurker
Ok, so my Yahoo email got jacked and I had to change the password on my laptop. Next day at work I realized that I can't use my Yahoo on my phone because the phone won't let me change it!
I've contacted Virgin mobile support and they told me to-

"If you cannot change the password of your Yahoo account, you will need to remove the account from your phone and register it again with the new pass code. You just need to follow the steps below to remove the account:

1- Press the Home key and go to the main menu of the phone, once there, select the option Accounts & Sync.
2. Tap the account you want to delete.
3. Tap Remove Account.
4. Tap Remove Account again to confirm that you want to remove the account."

Problem is you need to go to Settings first, so they don't know or missed this step in their list. Next issue, under Manage Accounts, there is only Gmail and Facebook listed, when you go to add another Account, only those as well as Myspace, Twitter and Corporate. Yahoo has never been on any of these lists. I forget how I even got Yahoo email on here..

Another thing I've tried; in Yahoo email, I press the Menu button that is next to the Home button and Account Settings. None listed in that menu let me change or update the password.

:confused:

Am I blindly missing something or what?
Thanks.

They emailed back again, this time another person. She said to change the password via computer and then change it on my phone! WTF?
Ugh.

Someone here please tell me you can help!!

Back
Top Bottom