• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Yet another "Emergency Alert" posting:

sw_smith

Lurker
Jun 14, 2021
Objective: to disable emergency alerts on: Galaxy A1 under Spectrum; purchased 01/2021.

I have perused the various informative web pages to no avail; it's well obfuscated.

The way I did it was via the "Messages" app (the one that comes stock.) From there, I assert the vertical ellipsis to the right of "search" to activate the menu... I see "Emergency alert settings". I open that and see an option for "Emergency alerts".

Under that option I find the ability to shut off individual alerts.

They *look* like they're off; we'll see.

Objective: to disable emergency alerts on: Galaxy A1 under Spectrum; purchased 01/2021.

I have perused the various informative web pages to no avail; it's well obfuscated.

The way I did it was via the "Messages" app (the one that comes stock.) From there, I assert the vertical ellipsis to the right of "search" to activate the menu... I see "Emergency alert settings". I open that and see an option for "Emergency alerts".

Under that option I find the ability to shut off individual alerts.

They *look* like they're off; we'll see.

Maybe something to do with Donald Trump or other federal govt? I'm not in the US, and so have not seen this "EMERGENCY ALERT" problem for myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Screenshot_20210614-180648.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones