• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "You need to log into your Google account"

bethzuck

Lurker
I am using Jelly Bean on a Nexus S. I can't use any of the apps that I've paid for, because they all think I haven't paid for them. They tell me to go to the Play Store and make sure I'm registered for the app. The Play Store, however, thinks I'm not logged in (although all other built-in apps such as the calendar know I am). I have tried clearing its data, restoring it to factory settings, and turning the phone on and off, and none of this has worked. Please help.

Happened to me a few times in the past and I got around the problem. First ensure that you have selected and are connected to your Google account within the PlayStore app (settings > Accounts). Then look for a 'Free' app of any kind and download it from the PlayStore app.

After a while, this can vary from a few minutes to an hour or more, your device should be recognised by Google and your apps should become available. You can uninstall the free app again.

I can't even download any free apps, because the Play Store won't let me use it at all. The account is set up right, but it won't load the screen that lets you search for apps. It just tells me I need to log in.

Back
Top Bottom