• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

YouTube HD from the EVO :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
I downloaded on my DI, then used astro, upgrade.

Works great, but there's an annoying problem that was in the first MD (moto droid) build...

The main youtube screen DOES NOT REFRESH the videos. Last time I used youtube was 6 days ago on the phone, and all videos are 6 days old.

Same after a reboot.... uninstalling here.

Yup, after removing the apk (upgrade), it's back to normal and has todays top videos. Good try OP! I wonder if it will behave the same on EVO?

I am assuming it works fine on the EVO. I noticed froyo brings the same look to the youtube app so once we get that update we'll have the full working version anyway so no biggy.

Upvote 0
I notice that when I go to watch a video, the video will play for the first few seconds and then freeze. Is this happening for anybody else?

I only played one for a few seconds, then stopped.... but I was shocked that the main screen didn't update for today's top viewed videos.

Anyone else see this? Maybe wait until tomorrow, and your main screen will say "2 days" with the same videos. Let us all know! This refresh is important to me for bathroom breaks :D

Upvote 0
Hey folks, i hate to be the one doing this but it's in our overall best interest for this to be handled in a standard manner across the board.

While this apk may be free, we are not authorized or licensed to distribute it (think of the c&d order to cyanogen). I want to thank you all for your continued efforts and contributions and please understand this is being done for the greater good of the community to ensure AF can continue to operate in a legal manner and support the great community we have here.

We are looking into the legal and moral implication of hosting this type of material/content and our stance may change on that in the future pending further discussion and legal review.

A quote from our fearless leader (Rob), "If we can determine that yes, this is both legal and morally acceptable, than we're happy to accommodate this type of content. But, until we can say for sure it is one way or the other, we need to continue to play it safe."

Stay tuned for news/updates on our stance on this, and other similar, matters. We are committed to providing THE BEST Android community and collaboration environment and the decision to close this thread and delete the attachement is in the spirit of that committment.

Cheers! (and thanks for understanding) :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones