• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Youtube lag

pflol

Android Enthusiast
Does anyone notice while watching youtube videos in HD massive lag when the screen controls are open in fullscreen? Runs good until I tap the screen to bring up the seek bar etc then the framerate goes wayyy down.

i watch tube vids a few times a week and when i view HD full view i dont get any lag. this is mostly on wifi and occasionally on cellular.

Bizzare... I don't know what to do. Its only when I bring up the controls in fullscreen, maybe a factory reset? Weird that it would do this considering its new =\

yep doing that now, youtube was laggy out of the box.

edit: reset didn't fix it, any HD video I load on youtube is like in slo-mo when I bring the controls up. sigh.

let me search around.. ive not seen this type of post..

did you load up the youtube app from the market or are you using the one that was already on the tablet?

let me search around.. ive not seen this type of post..

did you load up the youtube app from the market or are you using the one that was already on the tablet?

I can make a video if you want showing the lag if needed.

Also, the one that came with the tablet v: 3.0.15

Thanks.

thank you for posting that.

nooo no nooo.. thats not proper behavior. this happens on every link you select?

can you share the link you used so i can test it out on the xoom i have?

and you were in wifi too correct?

do you have the wifi only model or wifi/cellular?

Wifi only model, I didn't know you read those other forums lol, thought i'd get advice from multiple sources.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tanz_SAkb2E

Heres the video I demoed, but yeah it seems to happen with any 720+ video in youtube. It's crazy.. tegra 2 games run perfectly smooth but not this!

Thanks

edit: What youtube version do you have? 3.0.15

ok first i looked at it from the web here.. no issues

i then looked at it thru the web browser and i saw buffering issues. im on wifi and the signal is fair in this section of where i am. howeevr the controls wernt delayed when i would tap on the screen.

i didnt try the link in the youtube dedicated app on the xoom but i can.

but i notcied buffering issues with the above link. this looks just like the buffering issues the evo users had on launch day. load times were slow in HD mode as well.

i took off HD mode and of coursee the video plaayed all the way thru. howwever i did not notice lag in the controls at all on screen...

ok first i looked at it from the web here.. no issues

i then looked at it thru the web browser and i saw buffering issues. im on wifi and the signal is fair in this section of where i am. howeevr the controls wernt delayed when i would tap on the screen.

i didnt try the link in the youtube dedicated app on the xoom but i can.

but i notcied buffering issues with the above link. this looks just like the buffering issues the evo users had on launch day. load times were slow in HD mode as well.

i took off HD mode and of coursee the video plaayed all the way thru. howwever i did not notice lag in the controls at all on screen...

Weird, like I said it's every 720p+ video even after I let it fully load it will drop in framerate if I try to bring up controls. It's most noticeable in the dedicated app. Hmm..

you've been next door (to the other thread you posted).. any luck there? ;-) iol...

Nope I guess I'm just going to have to avoid HD youtube videos.. I'm going to see if the display model at the store does the same thing sometime this week.. I don't know what else to do

it could be something that will be patched in a software update. its unfortunate you have that on EVERY 720p vid.. ive watched many of them and never had that happen to ALL...

short of a factory reset which you have done, thats a head scratcher for sure... wish i had better info bro...

Yeah, I also encountered another problem today, my lucky day! I was at the beach and I cannot use the camcorder, it literally skips all the time... I'm assuming thats somehow related to the youtube skipping. Maybe I have a lemon and I need to exchange, I'll upload a video again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw1INUKE6OA

It freezes twice, I took at least 6 videos and it stuttered in everyone. I also cannot use the beautiful weather live wallpaper which comes with the tablet because its extremely choppy. Do I just have a bad device? I'm assuming everyone else with the WIFI model does not have these problems, should I exchange it tomorrow?

yeah, you have the wifi only version, which mean pandora, if you have an account for it, is not working for you either..

perhaps the wifi only model just has some QC issues and there could be bad batches out there. i wonder if going to the store you purchased your xoom from and asking them if they have had returns based on this type of behavior would yield any fruit? ive also not had any issues with the camera module on this device..

EDIT: is that video from your back yard? breathtaking... :)

yeah, you have the wifi only version, which mean pandora, if you have an account for it, is not working for you either..

perhaps the wifi only model just has some QC issues and there could be bad batches out there. i wonder if going to the store you purchased your xoom from and asking them if they have had returns based on this type of behavior would yield any fruit? ive also not had any issues with the camera module on this device..

EDIT: is that video from your back yard? breathtaking... :)

across the street yeah(really windy and overcast today lol), I got mine from costco which comes with a 90 day return, I'll wait a week see if the people who get theirs this week encounter any of these problems before exchanging it. So you're saying pandora works on 3g but not wifi only? Weird.

Oh well, I wasn't going to exchange it at costco cause I was going to deal with it but 3 black dead pixels appeared today, the kind you normally cannot fix. Lol! Defective unit I suppose... off to costco after work tomorrow! Hopefully I get one with amazing battery life like my current

lets hope this newer version is better. although, would it be possible for you to exchange it at ANOTHER location? perhaps that location you purchased from originally have bad batches.

lets hope this newer version is better. although, would it be possible for you to exchange it at ANOTHER location? perhaps that location you purchased from originally have bad batches.

EXACTLY what im going to try to do today! I think I can return it to any costco, we'll see! Thanks for your help ;)

Back
Top Bottom