• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help YouTube QHD issues.

phillyundead

Just git this phone. First off, it's incredible.
Just tried to same a QHD video on YouTube and I cannot set the quality over 720p on anything. I know there's a problem cause I have watched the same video in 1440p on my G3 last week.
So, I checked my G3 to see if it was YouTube or the Note 4 and it was YouTube. The G3 no longer has the option either.
Any ideas why? And any idea on how time get it back?
I hope this is fixed or fixable.

I got it to work sorta...I downloaded one of those older youtube versions and it's showing 1440p but the highest it gets its to 1080p.. even if I click it it won't budge upwards...maybe a bug that's why Google took it down??.. I'm trying to attach a pic..

The problem lies with the youtube app. For some reason Google has decided to limit the quality to 720p.
There are a couple of ways to view qhd videos from youtube but they aren't ideal.
Firstly you can go to the desktop version of youtube within chrome and watch the videos in browser. However, it does seem to stutter quite a bit.
The other option is to copy the link to the video using the app (share via - copy to clipboard) and paste it into the full site version of clipconverter.cc. You then get options to download in different qualities. Just be aware that higher resolution videos are massive in size!

Yes I noticed some videos play 1080p with the latest version but if I goto videos that are specifically 1440p the max limit is 720p... wierd..I'm going to try your method now

Dang thx Marky I just downloaded a few and it gives me that feeling when I first saw 4k at the local bestbuy.. 2k looks just as amazing

Back
Top Bottom