• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Yup, ICS is on DX2

what's the point of the fake video?

On XDA, a poster known as Melvin started a huge thread, stating he had an unlocked bootloader. It turned out to be a complete hoax, although he tried to come back on and start it all over again.

Now, this "punk" is on YouTube stating we all got him removed from the XDA website because he was a fraud. Take a close look at the video. He is NOT running ICS because he is still running the Gingerbread kernel. He never shows the new ICS widgets or anything.

Nice try again, Melvin. You've already been shown to be a fraud and with the Gingerbread kernel on your YouTube video, you've just exposed yourself once again as a fraud.

Don't go away mad, just go away.

At this point, the ONLY person that has ICS running on an X2 is Dragonzkiller. He is working hard on CM9. Melvin doesn't have squat. In fact, during the whole unlocked bootloader fiasco, he started uploading files that Hashcode (on XDA) was retrieving. Turns out the first file was the OTA 2.3.5 cheesecake update. The md5 checksum was the same, etc. As far as I know, the second, bigger file was just the Gingerbread SBF, so it just proves that Melvin was a punk causing problems. The thread on XDA eventually got locked and then removed.

Now, Motcher from XDA also posted a YouTube video showing the exact same thing, but it was meant as a joke to prove how you can go in and modify the properties to make it LOOK like you are running a 4.0.3 kernel when in reality, you are not.

So, best advice: DON'T FEED THE MELVIN TROLL!!!!

Your best bet is to just go to XDA and check in the Development forum to see if/when Dragonzkiller releases CM9/ICS for the X2. Currently, we have CM7 and MIUI.

I was disappointed but hey, you all following Dragonzkiller on twitter and Google+? He's close to some CM9 love. He brought CM7 to the Dx2 recently.

Dragonzkiller said it will be posted today hopefully. Check out his twitter @dragonzkiller to keep updated. but my question is where will it be posted? xda? his twitter? and he also left a mysterious tweet not too long ago about "My little side project I was working works. Maybe others will like it? I hope so" i assume he is referencing CM9 for DX2

Back
Top Bottom