• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Z4 root for 2.2.2?

Hightest

Hey guys been awhile, well I just got a droid x2 and when I looked at phone info it says that the android version is 2.2.2 now its been a while but am i able to use z4 root for that version? Its weird I just got the phone and it has the old version. lol:eek::rolleyes:

Well answered my own question. i rooted with ginger break. So another question is is there a list for safe apps to freeze and also i dont want an update so is there a way to freeze that?

Here's an article on apps that are safe to freeze. Now that you are rooted your phone will probably not do the update. In the even that it does it should prompt you in which case you can deny doing the update.

Based on experience the latest OTA version 2.3.4 is the most stable and problem-free and I would recommend you unroot or master reset and take the update.. but that's up to you.

your the man! now I thought I could freeze the updater but wasnt sure? I had rooted my original x that was running foyo and loved it so i think ill hang with what I got. thanks though

Back