• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZMAX BRICK THREAD

xtremeasure

I've been getting pms left and right about bricked zmaxs..... So I making a thread to address the situation....

The only thing I can tell you try is to get root.... If you don't have root in an adb shell your bricked...

I am working on getting a method together to try to help you guys.. I do not have a bricked zmax myself and I don't plan on bricking one...

Best advice is to not brick it in the first place..if your trying to figure something out all in the forums don't guess...

For those that have bricked because of trying to factory restore try these steps....

1 put phone in ftm (power volume + down ) and open an adb shell

2 check to see if adb shell has root in ftm either by running the Id Command or by running su..If you don't have root unfortunately your bricked nothing anyone can do about it atm...

3 if you have root run
rm -r /cache/

4 if your recovery wasn't where it was supposed to be run
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

YOU SHOULD NEVER TRY TO FACTORY RESTORE WITHOUT MAKING SURE RECOVERY IS IN PLACE

factory restore doesn't make problems go away in this scenario ASK FOR HELP !!! 9 times out of 10 if your bricked we aren't going to be able to help you..

Last edited:
Thank you I will fix that.... Gotta remember allot of these write ups happen on my phone... Work + newborn = not allot of time in front of a computer screen... I've been spending all of my free time trying to find a firmware tool that works for our model.... I need a bricked zmax to test them though lol

Thank you I will fix that.... Gotta remember allot of these write ups happen on my phone... Work + newborn = not allot of time in front of a computer screen... I've been spending all of my free time trying to find a firmware tool that works for our model.... I need a bricked zmax to test them though lol
didnt wrk

Back
Top Bottom