• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Zte-avid + cwmr

Hey Everyone, just wanted to know what do I need, to have Clockwork Mod Recovery on my Rooted Avid 4.0.4 ICS.?... I know about flashing and scripts, that's why I need CWMR on here.. i see CWMR Threads like there specific to every phone or something, just wanna know... where's my guide?.. Lol. XD

the clockworkmod itself is phone specific as well as the instructions to install it, find the cwm in your phones section and in post 1 you will find a set of instructions for its installation

there are various ways to do it for this phone, i happen to know the two main methods

terminal
requires root

make sure the recovery is something you can remember like cwm.img or recovery.img

put the recovery on your sd card

step 3 has two options, a is through the comouter and b is directly through the phone

3a
connect to a computer with adb on and drivers installed, start up your command prompt and type the following

Code:
adb shell

then continue to step 4 from there

3b
get yourself a copy of terminal emulator and fire it up

type
Code:
su
then hit enter/return

this will require a tiny bit of thought, you have to.know the exact path and name for the img you put on the card
the path will start with /sdcard/
then if you put it in a folder named abcd the path becomes /sdcard/abcd/
its also dependant on the name, if you called it efg.img and put it in that abcd folder the full path is /sdcard/abcd/efg.img
likewise if you didnt put it in a folder, you just stuck it directly on the sd and named it recovery.img the path is /sdcard/recovery.img
we will assume that is your path, if it is not replace /sdcard/recovery.img in the following command with your path
Code:
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/recovery

now you have cwm but you will need to reboot into it immediately to stop it from being overwritten by the stock rom on next boot. so type
Code:
reboot recovery
and then use the restart option, it will ask to.disable recovery flashing and you must say yes or sto k recovery will come back, if it doesnt say it thouvh dont worry about it

method 2
fastboot

this may require manual forcing of the drivers which i wont go into here, its a painful process to explain on a computer, and im typing all this on a phone

bit should you choose to go that route here is how

make sure the phone is connected through adb to the computer, root is not required

run this command in command.prompt

Code:
adb reboot bootloader

the.phone will go to the android guy as if its bricked, but its actually supposed to do that, it is now in fastboot/bootloader mode

you.will.need the fastboot program, just like.in the.last one you.need the adb program, forgot to mention that one sorry

and you will need the recovery.img in the same folder, learn to use the "cd" command in command prompt if you dont already know to navigate.in it

you will then need to run
Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
adjusting for name once again, recovery.img can be anything as long as there are no spaces

if it fails chances are you need to fix the drivers, check out a tutorial i did on checking drivers that is in the warp sequent section, it applies here too

you then need to again make sure it doesnt get overwritten so run
Code:
fastboot boot recovery.img

that will boot it up.and allow you to disable recovery flashing

hopefully this helps, if you have any trouble with command prompt or drivers dont be afraid to ask

also i apologize for any missed steps or whatever im on a phone as i said and im still awake at 8am lol, that is the gist of what you have to do.though and i think i explained it well other than how to get adb and fastboot, how to navigate to adb or fastboot in command prompt for use

which btw you can save.yourself alot of trouble by getting them both and sticking fastboot.exe, adb.exe, and the two dll files that come with adb in your c:\windows\system32 folder, that way you dont have to.navigate to them for use they just work when you type them

and of course i left out fighting with drivers but that you can get elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom