• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help ZTE Blade S6 Help Please ??

carmine1970

Hi All,

I recently puchased a brand new ZTE Blade S6, previously i owned a Samsung Galaxy s3, I live in the UK and my Carrier is Virgin Mobiles Network.

Anyway, I am finding that i am having a couple of problems with my new ZTE blade S6 and these problems are as follows -

1. No Laways but enough to be annoying and stop me from using mobile is when i receive a phone screen stays black and although i can hear ringtone that someone is trying to contact me i have no way of answwering mob what the hell ? This mobile has Lollipop 5.0 Android running on it. Also when making a call to someone if they are unable to answer and then it goes to there answer machine I am unable to end call without turning mobile off or rebooting ?

2.Also, with my older Samsung Galaxy s3 when i use for example Eurosport app I had it set to notifications it would sound with notification tone and i would get notifications of all sports news i wanted with my new ZTE blade s6 this does not happen. this is also the case when using Gmail and Outlook.com, please help whats happening ?

Thanking you all in advance
carmine1970

You've done nothing wrong, don't worry! :)

The question about root is irrelevant here btw.

Did the phone come with lollipop out of the box? You've not taken a system update or anything like that?

Also, do you have any of accessibility options turned on?

Re. the notifications, Lollipop has the ability to snooze notifications via settings ->sound (I think, I'll need to check my tab when I get home), you've not in inadvertently snoozed them have you?

You've done nothing wrong, don't worry! :)

The question about root is irrelevant here btw.

Did the phone come with lollipop out of the box? You've not taken a system update or anything like that?

Also, do you have any of accessibility options turned on?

Re. the notifications, Lollipop has the ability to snooze notifications via settings ->sound (I think, I'll need to check my tab when I get home), you've not in inadvertently snoozed them have you?

I have definitely not updated system software it came out the box with lollipop 5.0. Not seen accessibility in menu anywhere will look now.

anyone able to give us one on one help with this its starting to wind me up lol ??
may have to go back to my samsung galaxy s3 lol.

Only notification I get is available WiFi networks ?

Last edited:
Ok, on my tablet Settings -> Sound -> Interruptions -> Always interupt. Do you have that option and is it active?

Also try Settings -> Notifications Manager -> When Device is Locked -> Show all Notification Content

And Settings -> Accessibility. Is anything there active?

Are those options available on your device via the Settings app?

Hi,

in settings sound interuption always interupt it is active
in notifications manager when device is locked shall all notifications that is active too
and lastly in accessability only options active are power button ends call and auto rotate screen

Turn off power button ends call, see if that solves your phone call issue.

Not sure about notifications though. From the notifications manager, head to the App notifications section, are any of the apps you want notifications for blocked?

Turn off power button ends call, see if that solves your phone call issue.

Not sure about notifications though. From the notifications manager, head to the App notifications section, are any of the apps you want notifications for blocked?

None of the apps been blocked no

Just done a quick google search about probs with lollipop and notifications and it seems i am not the only one think i may have to go back to kitkat what lst version of that was ?

Just an update, to anybody who wants to know I have since managed to get outlook.com to work with notifications and notifications tone this is what i did just in case someone else is looking for a solution to same problem i had, this is what you have to do -

1. Force kill the app:
Tap and hold the home button of your android phone and swipe our app eithet left or right - then Tap and hold our app
App info Tap force Stop

Or

Device Settings - Applications - Select the Application - Force Stop

2. Clear the cache on your device.

Open our app - Settings - Top right corner - Select the email account - Clear Cache

3. Restart your phone .

4. Remove your account and remote data from our app then add it again

To remove your account, please follow these steps:

Tap top right overflow icon and select settings.
At the top under Account Settings select the email account
Scroll to the bottom and tap Remove Account from Device and Remote.

5. To add your account again, follow these steps:

Tap Settings + Add Account Input the required information login credentials to configure/setup your account again.

Or

Select the appropiate option in the list of services in our app.
Input the required information login credentials to configure/setup your account again.

Thats it works fine.

Just need to get eurosport app to work as it is still hit and miss and once ina while more importantly is mob still rings but am un able to open or receive calls what the hell ??? :(

Please advise if anyone else has had this problem ???

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom