• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Mimosa Mini [Root]

Damn, device not found... I don't have ADB like I said. So it doesn't recognize debugging. You hear usual sound when you connect debugging, then additional 3 beeps. As soon as I find right drivers I shall try... Storage mode works good.

(As you can see in the pic few posts above there is Android Phone then Android Composite ADB interface, which is what I need, had it before, but I just re-installed my OS on pc 2 days ago and lost it)

i found this [INI file] zim11ok - Pastebin.com you must replace this to your android_winusb.inf file

Upvote 0
1zow29z.jpg
whoops my bad, forgot to include teh root exploit XD

reuploading now

www.shabbypenguin.com/OUDstuff/Random/ZTE/mimosa-mini/levitator%20root.zip

there ya go :)

phone turns off and reboots after cmd tries this, what's the problem?

Upvote 0
do you mind trying to run t eh exploit via terminal emulator?

I would try this, but I don't know what to type... And I want to try this...

P.S.

I managed to get the adb drivers, but I get the same message as kolgujev.

EDIT:

I have just found out that this phone was sold with OS 2.2 before, so I guess downgrade might be possible and with that maybe root...?

Also I am constantly finding online that in China this phone is sold with 4.0, so if I manage to find that update even in Chinese could it be possible to upgrade it and then root it.

And I thought I said I gave up, yet I still keep trying :lol:

Upvote 0
I would try this, but I don't know what to type... And I want to try this...

P.S.

I managed to get the adb drivers, but I get the same message as kolgujev.

EDIT:

I have just found out that this phone was sold with OS 2.2 before, so I guess downgrade might be possible and with that maybe root...?

Also I am constantly finding online that in China this phone is sold with 4.0, so if I manage to find that update even in Chinese could it be possible to upgrade it and then root it.

And I thought I said I gave up, yet I still keep trying :lol:
4.0 ice cream sandwich?
are you sure that the specs of this phone can handle this upgrade?

Upvote 0
4.0 ice cream sandwich?
are you sure that the specs of this phone can handle this upgrade?

I am quite sure the phone can't run this, but it is written in more than a few places that in China phone is sold with that OS, tho official ZTE site promotes this phone with 2.3 version.

BTW you have telenor touch mini, do you mind asking me If you are from Serbia?

Upvote 0
Yes sir i am :)

Ok :D

Mogao si i ranije da kazes xD

Back on topic :p

I've been reading about a downgrade and it says that downgrade can only been done while the phone is rooted. Meaning that I don't have any ideas. I tried googling levitator and methods for that, but I just can't find anything nor can I find what should I type in terminal emulator and where should I place levitator file.

I am also up for teamviewer but I have a very bad wireless connection (shared connection) and it could break, and also I don't have mic, so only way we could communicate is by typing messages or via IRC... Shabby if you don't mind the reasons I gave you, I will install teamviewer and try to set it up so it works and let you do your magic. Tho when you say ADB do you mean SDK Tools should be installed or just driver? I do have driver as I no longer get the message device not found. Also I do have some problems with USB cable, but I can make it work.

Upvote 0
I emailed ZTE, also emailed ZTE Italy where phone is also sold but they answered me I should speak to my network operator (Telenor Serbia) about rooting.
So I did that and they told me I must go to some qualified service shop to do that as they cannot help me with that.
Maybe the only thing to do now is to check on chinese forums with translator :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones