• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Frank The Tank

Jan 3, 2013
Just went back to stock (again) and to my surprise, zte updated there firmware. Its now b09. And I think a different kernal too. I used them update tool.

Its actually pretty quick.
There is a new boot logo. Not boost but zte.

I can't seem to upload a screenshot via my phone though.

Check it out

hey frank could you do all of us a HUGE favor?
install cwm touch, only because im not sure the non touch version has this option
and in cwm touch there is an option to create a flashable rom zip. i dont remember what its called exactly, and im not 100% on the location though i think its under advanced, but trying to find it would require me to disconnect from the internet and all that, huge pain, but yea, that will create a copy of your rom minus your personal info that can then be distributed just like shinjutsu or cm or any rom we have now

that way we will just have a simple zip file with the newest software updates that flashes like a custom rom, nobody will have to go through the whole painful process of going back to stock recovery, using the tool, reinstalling root, all that shit. with root installed on yours we will have one file, download it, flash it like a custom rom, and boom you have rooted stock fully updated

Upvote 0
when did you update your rom? and is that the baseband or software version? baseband on original stock is b01, sw version is b07 i guess the update is b09. and they probably found our root method and fixed it, they like to spy on us and try to keep us out but what they dont get is that the harder they make their phones to hack the less they will sell

Upvote 0
i dont think you can root again once using the newest update, zte is a bunch of pricks like that. hence why anyone who knows enough about android wont buy their products. but yea you can try if you want i dont know that the baseband will change tho, baseband was the b01 you were looking at, the thing that said b07 8 or 9 would be software version its a different thing on the same menu

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones