• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZTE Warp Elite Phone issues. Any help or suggestions

Screenshot_2015-12-10-01-04-25.png

Phone is removing widgets and created folders from the homescreen. Have to recreate folder and re-add apps which is a pain. Also within created folders app are be stacked as layers as seen on screenshot. Is there any solution to this problem or any other cases where the same issue is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

View attachment 97950
Phone is removing widgets and created folders from the homescreen. Have to recreate folder and re-add apps which is a pain. Also within created folders app are be stacked as layers as seen on screenshot. Is there any solution to this problem or any other cases where the same issue is happening? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thedjguy71, try going into the Google Play Store and turning off and then back on the "auto add widgets." You may even leave it turned off. Please let us know if that works :)

Thedjguy71, try going into the Google Play Store and turning off and then back on the "auto add widgets." You may even leave it turned off. Please let us know if that works :)

Also, download a few more apps from the Play Store (making sure that the option to add an icon to the homescreen is ticked) and see if it lets you.

If it does then it will only be a problem with downloading apps from the Play Store and 'unticking' that option should hopefully fix it.

Also, download a few more apps from the Play Store (making sure that the option to add an icon to the homescreen is ticked) and see if it lets you.

If it does then it will only be a problem with downloading apps from the Play Store and 'unticking' that option should hopefully fix it.

@Thedjguy71 CLICK HERE this is another forum on AndroidForums that is also a great resource where others have tackled this happening with apps stacking on top of each other. We hope this helps!

@Thedjguy71 CLICK HERE this is another forum on AndroidForums that is also a great resource where others have tackled this happening with apps stacking on top of each other. We hope this helps!

I followed your advice and unticked the auto add to homescreen tab. For the moment that has seemed to resolve the issue. Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply as this was a troubling issue because I actually like the phone.

I followed your advice and unticked the auto add to homescreen tab. For the moment that has seemed to resolve the issue. Thanks a bunch for the speedy reply as this was a troubling issue because I actually like the phone.

Believe I may have responded too quickly. In experimenting I realized that if I add from my app tab manually to my homescreen it layers app within the folders on my homescreen. Also concerning widgets... Multiple widgets cannot be added even if they are 1x4 widgets to any of the homescreen. I even attempted to add another screen beyond the factory default of three and had the same issue. The only way to resolve is to power cycle the phone. This fixes the issue of the layered apps in the folder however apps and OR complete folders are completely deleted from the homescreen when the phone is power cycled.

Believe I may have responded too quickly. In experimenting I realized that if I add from my app tab manually to my homescreen it layers app within the folders on my homescreen. Also concerning widgets... Multiple widgets cannot be added even if they are 1x4 widgets to any of the homescreen. I even attempted to add another screen beyond the factory default of three and had the same issue. The only way to resolve is to power cycle the phone. This fixes the issue of the layered apps in the folder however apps and OR complete folders are completely deleted from the homescreen when the phone is power cycled.

Why would you want 4 home screens...just curious.

I don't believe that I ever stated that I wanted 4 home screens but in trying to troubleshoot my phone and following instructions of the thread created an additional homescreen which recreated the initial situation. Which if I did the phone isn't supposed to delete icons or stack them on each other as layers making the bottom icons unselectable.

I don't believe that I ever stated that I wanted 4 home screens but in trying to troubleshoot my phone and following instructions of the thread created an additional homescreen which recreated the initial situation. Which if I did the phone isn't supposed to delete icons or stack them on each other as layers making the bottom icons unselectable.
My mistake, I misunderstood your comments but I now see your point about layers...seems this phone saves all searchs and apps that you use ?

I'm having problems with dropped calls and SMS sending!! Someone explain to me about removing adware or bloatware on theN9518 elite cuz the phone was pimp when I got it and still is to me. I like ZTE! But the ads are pissing me off.

Back
Top Bottom