• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Warp Sync - All Things Root Guide

Oh ok. On my tablet I rooted it with kingroot kept kinguser and never installed supersu or anything else. Haven't tried it on the warp sync yet.

I really wonder if you guys read people's post.

1. did I not just say it works for other phone

2. It works for 2 days them messes up the boost warp sync.

3. Our phone is not rootabable.

4. I wish people would stop posting shit (They know it wont work for other phones but act like it is sooo simple)

5. Is this a forum about your tablet?

6. Why did you make this comment its like saying you dont belive me (obviously our phone is not normal!)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I am not sure if this is in reference to me or not. If so we can stay calm and rational. But I do have this phone but since it is cracked I am not using it. I was following the thread on xda for the zmax which has the same issue as this one, so I posted kingroot here. As far as it working or not I wasn't sure at the time. In the end the fact that it even worked halfway is more progress than we had. I have still been keeping up with this thread and the last I read was that it was being worked on.

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
So. So so so.

If we all get into explaining our past posts and what the context is, was, or things implied, we're going to be here a long time getting nowhere.

Who has time for that?

Not nobody, as they say in Firefly.

Debate, doubt, retries, rehashing - it's pretty standard stuff for a pre-root or new root thread.

Taking any of it personally - not necessary.

It's like baseball - someone takes a swing and miss, or fouls off and the bounce hits the catcher - that's not intentional on the part of the batter ok.

As for who stays, that's kinda up to the umpire. That's me. Now, you all can vent your hate on me - that's part of game too. No big deal.

Here's my decision at the plate - let's play ball! :)

Thanks. ;)

Upvote 0
I am not sure if this is in reference to me or not. If so we can stay calm and rational. But I do have this phone but since it is cracked I am not using it. I was following the thread on xda for the zmax which has the same issue as this one, so I posted kingroot here. As far as it working or not I wasn't sure at the time. In the end the fact that it even worked halfway is more progress than we had. I have still been keeping up with this thread and the last I read was that it was being worked on.
We wouldn't have even gotten this far if you weren't keeping an eye for us. Ty- JAWeat411. I had FULL ROOT - no problems

Upvote 0
Then you did something wrong, bro. I had NO problem until I messed my phone up by being careless.
The only thing I did was update superuser su binary via normal. I rooted my girls virgin phone (virgin : no mods just stock os and apps) and the same problem happened. I used KR 4.o.

SD Maid says that KU has frozen. I think updating super su messes up KU on this phone and you cant uninstall KU but you can get rid of KR.

I can upload pics tomorrow. I am ill today.

Upvote 0
Yep and I linked the thread a few posts back http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/apps-games/one-click-root-tool-android-2-x-5-0-t3107461 states 4.1 has been released.
KingRoot 4.1 has been released, support Samsung Galaxy S6, SONY Z3, Samsung X64, SONY 5.0, just try it, mate! We just fixed the logical of KingRoot for SONY users. Now, if KingRoot found SONY_RIC enable and system can't be mounted (generally happened after reboot), we will judge it to unroot. So, you can re-root it and disable RIC automatically. Download it from #1 now

Please install KingUser 4.0.5 to fix irremovable bug of KingUSer. You can find it in download section now.

someone also mentioned
When you installed kingroot, automatically it was installed also kinguser. open that app and go to settings on the upper rigth side, click "remove root permission", and then "clear". If its successful automatically kinguser will disappear on your app drawer..
Notice: if king user do not disappear automatically, open again that app, when it open click "root authorization", and then click "adb" (there it says prompt) and click "allow". After that repeat the procedure above mentioned, that is, remove root permission and then clear, and voila.. king user will be gone.. Hope it helps you..

Upvote 0
I have root (KR and KU) for the last four days. And they are working normally. Today installed Link2SD and No Frills CPU, both apps asked for "root permission" with KU, I selected Allow and they worked good.

Experienced users give their time and expertise freely. We remain calm and ask our questions with RESPECT.
I also have root (KR and KU) for more than four days and they are working normally. I also installed Link2SD. But when I try to download an app from play store, I get insufficient storage. Only from play store, I can download and install from web and other apps? And I am not the only one with this problem.[emoji52]

Upvote 0
Plus..I performed Factory reset on my phone to remedy my problem of insufficient storage when I download from play store and low and behold...I still have root with no superuser app installed.They weren't bullsh*tting when they say permanent root. Also factory reset did not solve my problem.[emoji52]
PS...Just to be fair, there is a function in kinguser to unroot phone.

Last edited:
Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
Plus..I performed Factory reset on my phone to remedy my problem of insufficient storage when I download from play store and low and behold...I still have root with no superuser app installed.They weren't bullsh*tting when they say permanent root. Also factory reset did not solve my problem.[emoji52]
PS...Just to be fair, there is a function in kinguser to unroot phone.
Factory reset only wipes /data, so you should still be rooted after since root is in /system

I have not had time to work on this device lately, but have a mostly working CWM recovery built for it. There are still some problems and my tester (yes i am looking at you @bcrichster) bricked his device. Unfortunately i don't have this device so the process is very slow. I will post a new build when i get a chance. I also built a rooted stock rom using SuperSU that you can't flash until CWM is finished lol. Will keep you posted as i get more time.

Reactions: bcrichster and Bee1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones