• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax 2 SRSRoot available, not working for me

So, I have a ZTE ZMAX 2 (Z955A), and I saw today on SRSRoot's twitter page that it now supports rooting my phone. When I run the program it gives me this:

---= SRS One-Click-Root v5.1 =---

2:16:02 PM - Starting ADB Server..
2:16:07 PM - Manufacturer: zte
2:16:07 PM - Model: Z955A
2:16:07 PM - Android Version: 5.1
2:16:08 PM - Build ID: CHL_Z955AV1.0.0B03
2:16:08 PM - Board ID: leo
2:16:08 PM - Chipset Platform: msm8916
2:16:08 PM - Getting OffSets.. : error: only position independent executables (PIE) are supported. (False)
2:16:08 PM - Query Server for Best Method.. Found Rootkit: 8

----= Start Rooting Process.. Please Wait =----

2:16:08 PM [+] Testing exploit: root8 (please wait..)
2:16:10 PM [+] Remounting /system Filesystem as R/W..
2:16:10 PM [+] Installing SU Binary...
2:16:10 PM [+] Installing SuperUser APK...
2:16:10 PM [+] Remounting /system Filesystem as R/O..

2:16:17 PM [+] Rooting Complete !

Which LOOKS good. However, my phone restarts as it says "Rooting Complete", and when it boots up, there is no SuperUser app installed, and when I download one from Google Play, it tells me that no SU Binary is installed. Root Checker also tells me that I'm not rooted. Any help would be appreciated!

Last edited:
Thanks, friend. I should have thought of that.
I believe the Zmax devices have write protection on their system partition so here's What'cha need to do. This means you only get temproot so ya gotta make the best of the limitations until a perfect workaround is made.. Do the SRS root and BEFORE REBOOTING: DL & use online nandroid backup app to copy ur system, boot.img, and recovery. You can use Flashify.apk to backup the boot & recovery img.

im a noob on this sorry
I'm telling you how to get the proper files a Dev would need to create the Root fix, so follow the directions in my previous post to the exact command then upload the files somewhere that someone can DL/access the files to work with..

been doing same shit over and ovee since yesterday i give up <redacted> this shit dont work srsroot say root but im not rotted o send this <redacted> massage no support <redacted> going back to one plus 2 or axon

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the Zmax devices have write protection on their system partition so here's What'cha need to do. This means you only get temproot so ya gotta make the best of the limitations until a perfect workaround is made.. Do the SRS root and BEFORE REBOOTING: DL & use online nandroid backup app to copy ur system, boot.img, and recovery. You can use Flashify.apk to backup the boot & recovery img.

Thanks bcrichster. Kind of you to help. The problem is, The phone reboots automatically about the same time the program says "Rooting complete". I'm not sure SRSRoot takes the time to test very thoroughly, given the fact that they add support to so many phones per day. Unfortunately, I cannot find a way to contact them. I'm continuing to search for a solution, I'll keep everyone updated.

Oh, and fino8129? Inhale, exhale. Do it with me. Inhale, exhale...

i thing srs root is scam i send masages in twetter no answer i thing is a scam

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom