• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root ZTE Zmax Pro Official Root Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what would be my best option as an upgrade for the zmax Pro out of Metro's current line up under $200? I am looking at getting an upgrade on Friday and I would like something actually better than this phone if I am buying a new one. Also taking root into consideration with this. I can deal with a .5" smaller screen, as much as I don't want to, if the phone at least is rootable.

Upvote 0
So what would be my best option as an upgrade for the zmax Pro out of Metro's current line up under $200? I am looking at getting an upgrade on Friday and I would like something actually better than this phone if I am buying a new one. Also taking root into consideration with this. I can deal with a .5" smaller screen, as much as I don't want to, if the phone at least is rootable.
Nothing else unless you want a Samsung which is 500+.

Look into the Moto g5+

Upvote 0
I think I may give the Stylo 3 Plus a shot. Closest to this phone it looks like, and it has root already. My volume up button no longer works, and my touch screen on the ZMP is getting a bit off. It has been over a year with this, and honestly, I have gotten bored with it. Bright side, I'll have a throwaway ZMP to try and break.

Upvote 0
I would LOVE an S8 but they are too damn expensive. What about the lower levep Samsung phones they have? Even comparable to the ZMP? Or that new Blade max? Then again, probably can't root thay either

I think I may give the Stylo 3 Plus a shot. Closest to this phone it looks like, and it has root already. My volume up button no longer works, and my touch screen on the ZMP is getting a bit off. It has been over a year with this, and honestly, I have gotten bored with it. Bright side, I'll have a throwaway ZMP to try and break.

I wouldnt do a blast max.. I just had the zte Max xl which is another zmax pro with different specs... It looked identical but still could not be rooted and was pretty decent like the pro.

As far as the Stylo.. well I've given up on LG phones so I can't speak on it.

Upvote 0
I would LOVE an S8 but they are too damn expensive. What about the lower levep Samsung phones they have? Even comparable to the ZMP? Or that new Blade max? Then again, probably can't root thay either

My two cents...
Don't waste your money upgrading to any of metros junk phones. For $200 you can buy a tmobile LG V20 with a clean imei and throw your metro sim in it. Or a note 4 for $125. I even picked up a tmobile v10 in great shape for $80 yesterday. Today I got root, android 7.0, and can still use android pay on it. All three of them phones are way better than anything metro has and cost me $400 all together...plus all 3 have root, near 6 inch 4k screens, and sweet 16mp cameras. ZMax Pro was great for $99 but is the last metro pos branded phone I ever buy.

Upvote 0
Yes the battle is over, the evil organization known as the ZTE Corporation has won the war against all of these amateur hackers! Not even any of the best Chinese or Russian hackers could penetrate its impenetrable defenses, muuhahahahaa! :cashdroid:

I died at this I switched to the axon 7 and my girlfriend has the lg stylo 3 plus both rooted out of box this phone is broken on so many levels it's not even worth the constant effort in trying to root honestly unlock it sell it be done with it

Reactions: RootBeerGuy
Upvote 0

I would strongly recommend against that. I thought being roped into buying two new Stylo 2+ would be an upgrade. Nope, the 2+ is a complete abomination. TMobile is already discounting the stylo 3s, probably cuz the specs, hardware and performance are same. LG needs to wake up and realize that Android 6 and 7 cannot function with only 2GB RAM....

Upvote 0
I would strongly recommend against that. I thought being roped into buying two new Stylo 2+ would be an upgrade. Nope, the 2+ is a complete abomination. TMobile is already discounting the stylo 3s, probably cuz the specs, hardware and performance are same. LG needs to wake up and realize that Android 6 and 7 cannot function with only 2GB RAM....

6.0 isn't so bad but yeah, I agree. The MM & N+ ROMs are some fat babies! I'm kinda floored as well that 90% of the devices coming out have the same damn specs as the original Zmax & Warp Sync.. Makes me wonder.

Reactions: RootBeerGuy
Upvote 0
Wow sapphirex what a puss and everyone on the discord they are barely talking bout the exploits and stuff so don't waste your time
For everyone's information, this guy was attempting to steal credit for another developer' s work in kernel modification, became aggressive at the smallest instigation, and refused to cooperate in the server other than to tell other's what he used to do. Feel free to clean up this thread mod.

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
Ya just because u didn't understand what I was saying also go ahead and ask the people on that thread. Attempting to steal info!?? How comical. How about u head over to the xda site and ask CTxz yourself he would tell u moron. If forking repositories is stealing then whatever. Also message the well known developer "@decimalman" he built the dkp kernel for the Galaxy s3. U can get info but instead u let your giant ego get the best of u and started rambling about crap I don't know like I said in earlier posts but whatever.

Upvote 0
Ya exactly but he started to think I'm lying because I never posted any commits to my GitHub account so. The thread maker as well as many other devs on that same thread know who I am, I DO NOT take credit for something I didn't do? But he is dead set on believing that. That's y I said ask the people on the thread before kicking me off the discord disccusion.
Also if anyone has an SM-T230NU u can easily download my kernel (if u have the tablet) it's in the posts not the op.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones