• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Upvote 0
It's 300 MB. When my phone tried to install it I got an error.
When I rooted the phone it changed a lot of different files, so it's not the same.
So I cant install the update until someone comes up with a way where we can get a custom-recovery
on this LG Volt 2, and then me/we can flash back to stock and do what we do.

How can I send the file to you?
Its big - 298 MB

Upvote 0
It's 300 MB. When my phone tried to install it I got an error.
When I rooted the phone it changed a lot of different files, so it's not the same.
So I cant install the update until someone comes up with a way where we can get a custom-recovery
on this LG Volt 2, and then me/we can flash back to stock and do what we do.

How can I send the file to you?
Its big - 298 MB

You could slap it into a Dropbox or Google drive. Then just put up the link to it.

Upvote 0
I was right. I unrooted, tried to install the update, but it just error'd 'out, and would not install. I have been on Android 2.2 for years, and just recently upgraded my phone, so this new version of Android, as well as having a new phone is putting me all the way back to the beginning of learning it all over again.

Anyway, the ZV5 update wont install, and I am pretty much guessing this is do to my internal-Rom files being different.
Oviously system files were changed, so the update will not install. I learned this from "googling" about the phone, and I am quickly figuring out that there is not a whole-bunch of info relating to the LG Volt 2, (LGLS751).

Also, I am learning that in order for us to have a custom-recovery on this phone, we need to "unlock" the Bootloader. And from what I have read, this is not so easily done when it comes to LG phones, even when it comes to rooting LG phones, or I guess the newer Android versions, Lollipop etc., it's the same story, not so easy, for whatever reason.

Unfortunately for me, before I rooted the phone and started messing around, I did-not make any kind of a backup/nandroid thing at all. So things were changed, and my stock rom is no longer a stock rom. And looking around on various sites, no one has yet to do anything with this phone, as of yet. I will have to revert back to stock, and then I can install the update. But I cant do that as of yet, because I have no custom-recovery, or the stock rom itself. Looking around I am pretty sure you can get the source code and rom's right from LG's developer site, but I can't do anything with it myself. So until someone does, I am stuck where I am for now.

But then again, at least I was able to Root the phone, I tried various methods, and Kingroot was the only one that would work with this phone in the end. I succesfully got rid of Kingroot and replaced it all, as I explained here: http://androidforums.com/threads/root-lg-volt-2-no-computer.935445/ , so I am happy about that, and if that is all I can do with this phone for now, then so be it I guess. I can get that far, but I am not a developer or a custom-rom maker either, I just dont have the know-how to do it. I will get the zv5 update to you like you asked, it's 7:00 pm est, just give me a few hours and I will post the link for you.

By the way, if you don't know, if your phone has auto-downloaded the update, you should, just as I did, get the zipped file yourself. Mine was located in the Phone's internal card/memory, in a folder called "cache". I am pretty sure that is where I found it. I know for a fact it was in the cache folder, (still is), and that folder is either like I said above, on the internal memory partition, or it was in the root section of the phone. I don't remember, but anyway, if you look on your phone you should find it.

Is there anything cool you plan on doing with the update in question?
Anything that I/we/anyone else can do with it after you get your hands on it?

~thanks

Upvote 0
Ok, here it is. dropbox has no file upload size limit, good.
I never have used these file sharing apps before, so hopefully
the file integrity is good. If you have any problems downloading
it let me know.

Also just to mention, I was on Android 5.1.1 when I got this update
auto-downloaded to my phone (LG Volt 2). And it won't install due
to already being rooted. At least the install-nag screen is gone lol.

update.zip (298.71 MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lkoo97ighto0yj/update.zip?dl=0

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
Actually I never removed anything, unrooted, factory resetted, did it all, it wont install. So my best guess through reading is that since I rooted that 1st time, it evidently changed some internal files, so when it tries to install the update, there is a mismatch with the rom i guess. But I did try what you suggested, and no go.

Reactions: NeoZiggy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones