• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

ZV5 update

halrulez

So I have seen we have this update. Went to boost and LG's websites and all that is bored is that it has a security patch plus minor UI change's. Can anyone out there who took the update post more about the changes in detail? Also is it still rootable with king root?

-just got the update, its nagging me to install it. I might unroot and try it, but i have the downloaded update.zip if anyone thinks they can do anything with it.
Looking inside i see a modem folder & what looks like updated/new google apps, not sure.

-just got the update, its nagging me to install it. I might unroot and try it, but i have the downloaded update.zip if anyone thinks they can do anything with it.
Looking inside i see a modem folder & what looks like updated/new google apps, not sure.

Can you send me the update.zip

It's 300 MB. When my phone tried to install it I got an error.
When I rooted the phone it changed a lot of different files, so it's not the same.
So I cant install the update until someone comes up with a way where we can get a custom-recovery
on this LG Volt 2, and then me/we can flash back to stock and do what we do.

How can I send the file to you?
Its big - 298 MB

It's 300 MB. When my phone tried to install it I got an error.
When I rooted the phone it changed a lot of different files, so it's not the same.
So I cant install the update until someone comes up with a way where we can get a custom-recovery
on this LG Volt 2, and then me/we can flash back to stock and do what we do.

How can I send the file to you?
Its big - 298 MB

You could slap it into a Dropbox or Google drive. Then just put up the link to it.

I was right. I unrooted, tried to install the update, but it just error'd 'out, and would not install. I have been on Android 2.2 for years, and just recently upgraded my phone, so this new version of Android, as well as having a new phone is putting me all the way back to the beginning of learning it all over again.

Anyway, the ZV5 update wont install, and I am pretty much guessing this is do to my internal-Rom files being different.
Oviously system files were changed, so the update will not install. I learned this from "googling" about the phone, and I am quickly figuring out that there is not a whole-bunch of info relating to the LG Volt 2, (LGLS751).

Also, I am learning that in order for us to have a custom-recovery on this phone, we need to "unlock" the Bootloader. And from what I have read, this is not so easily done when it comes to LG phones, even when it comes to rooting LG phones, or I guess the newer Android versions, Lollipop etc., it's the same story, not so easy, for whatever reason.

Unfortunately for me, before I rooted the phone and started messing around, I did-not make any kind of a backup/nandroid thing at all. So things were changed, and my stock rom is no longer a stock rom. And looking around on various sites, no one has yet to do anything with this phone, as of yet. I will have to revert back to stock, and then I can install the update. But I cant do that as of yet, because I have no custom-recovery, or the stock rom itself. Looking around I am pretty sure you can get the source code and rom's right from LG's developer site, but I can't do anything with it myself. So until someone does, I am stuck where I am for now.

But then again, at least I was able to Root the phone, I tried various methods, and Kingroot was the only one that would work with this phone in the end. I succesfully got rid of Kingroot and replaced it all, as I explained here: http://androidforums.com/threads/root-lg-volt-2-no-computer.935445/ , so I am happy about that, and if that is all I can do with this phone for now, then so be it I guess. I can get that far, but I am not a developer or a custom-rom maker either, I just dont have the know-how to do it. I will get the zv5 update to you like you asked, it's 7:00 pm est, just give me a few hours and I will post the link for you.

By the way, if you don't know, if your phone has auto-downloaded the update, you should, just as I did, get the zipped file yourself. Mine was located in the Phone's internal card/memory, in a folder called "cache". I am pretty sure that is where I found it. I know for a fact it was in the cache folder, (still is), and that folder is either like I said above, on the internal memory partition, or it was in the root section of the phone. I don't remember, but anyway, if you look on your phone you should find it.

Is there anything cool you plan on doing with the update in question?
Anything that I/we/anyone else can do with it after you get your hands on it?

~thanks

- just to correct myself & clarify, the downloaded update.zip file is located on the root of the phone in the cache folder. Right in that folder is the downloaded android update file, update.zip, it's 298 MB.

Sorry guys, i bin temp'homeless ..lol, ... no-home=no power=no-pc=no web.
it's 9:30pm est, uploading update.zip to dropbox now.
I'll post the link when finished.

Ok, here it is. dropbox has no file upload size limit, good.
I never have used these file sharing apps before, so hopefully
the file integrity is good. If you have any problems downloading
it let me know.

Also just to mention, I was on Android 5.1.1 when I got this update
auto-downloaded to my phone (LG Volt 2). And it won't install due
to already being rooted. At least the install-nag screen is gone lol.

update.zip (298.71 MB)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0lkoo97ighto0yj/update.zip?dl=0

Actually I never removed anything, unrooted, factory resetted, did it all, it wont install. So my best guess through reading is that since I rooted that 1st time, it evidently changed some internal files, so when it tries to install the update, there is a mismatch with the rom i guess. But I did try what you suggested, and no go.

Like I said before, dont really bother me. Until someone gets to developing stuff for this volt 2, I'm happy being rooted for now. It's fine.

....lol, then again, I am curious of what the update.zip would have to offer lol.
..oh well for now.
~later

Back
Top Bottom